Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Threat To Basics Doctors

Red diesel

I like reading blogs on the internet, and one of the blogs i read regularly is one from a basics doctor, his blog entry for 24th march makes for

worrying reading (you can read it at My link ). Basically the CQC have decided that all medical professional people must live up to certain standards. Not really a problem but for a few minor details - firstly the basics doctors were all sent a letter on a Monday in the last week or 2 - and they have to fill in a 100 page form by 1st of April. Oh and they must pay CQC for the privilage and if they don't do these things then they will appearently no longer be able to operate as pre hospital care doctors.

There are two more problems - CQC wants proof that the doctors take the wishes of the patients into account before treatment - fine but how do you ascertain what patients wishes are when that patient isn't even breathing for themselves - which is why the basics doctor is there to provide lifesaving treatment (presumably saving a patients life isn't considered to be sufficient proof as that would be too logical). Finally - the doctors must discuss the locations where they provide treatment and show what health and safety precautions they take. Only problem is that these Gentlemen and Ladies of exceedingly fantastic talent are called out to emergencies all over the place. Could be the M25 one day some rural farm the next day - and the worst kick on the nuts is that these guys don't even get paid.

Im just mentioning it here - because maybe some nicely worded letters of enquiry to CQC might be in order - alas i am from Ireland so if i send one

it will probably hit a big shredder filed under not relevant.

(edit - not very good with links - where it says my link - isn't actually my website its actually http://basicsdoc.blogspot.com - link seems to work perfect though)

Red diesel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links