Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.2 D-Cat 150Hp 2010

batekalo

Hello guys,

Last May I upgraded to the new Avensis SW 2.2l D-CAT autobox etc from the old 2.2 D4D that i drove 4 years and nearly 100000 km without any problem whatsoever.

In December I made the first mandatory oil and filters change at 15000 km. The same day my problems started - VSC, Check engine and hand break lights flashed along with a massive power loss. I took the car to the dealer's shop and after a computer-test I was told that the DPF got clogged. They deleted the error and recommended a driving at 200 km/h (!!) so that the DPF valve can start cleaning it.

For the last 3 months and 5000 km it occurred 6 times and their diagnose was always the same! The car is in the garage again, yesterday they have replaced the fuel filter with one having a larger permeability but this hasn't solved the problem.

Have any of you had similar issues and how on earth have they been 'cured' in other places?

Thanks!

Hello guys,

Last May I upgraded to the new Avensis SW 2.2l D-CAT autobox etc from the old 2.2 D4D that i drove 4 years and nearly 100000 km without any problem whatsoever.

In December I made the first mandatory oil and filters change at 15000 km. The same day my problems started - VSC, Check engine and hand break lights flashed along with a massive power loss. I took the car to the dealer's shop and after a computer-test I was told that the DPF got clogged. They deleted the error and recommended a driving at 200 km/h (!!) so that the DPF valve can start cleaning it.

For the last 3 months and 5000 km it occurred 6 times and their diagnose was always the same! The car is in the garage again, yesterday they have replaced the fuel filter with one having a larger permeability but this hasn't solved the problem.

Have any of you had similar issues and how on earth have they been 'cured' in other places?

Thanks!

Get some BG244 and put it in the fuel tank. This will help clean the EGR and D-CAT. You can buy it off Fleabay or Powerenhancers. :thumbsup:

I thought BG244 was an injector cleaner. I'd be very surprised if it cleaned up an EGR valve if it was already gunked up, unless you removed it and poured the BG244 into it and left it to soak.

I would remove the EGR valve myself and clean it up following one of the guides on this forum. As for the D-Cat, it shouldn't clog up unless you are doing short journeys on a regular basis and not allowing the car to get up to working temperature.

Bg244 dose alot of things really. It helps to clean the EGR valve(But I'd take that out and clean that with carb cleaner) and cleans the CAT. Also cleans the varnish off the valve and lifters.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links