Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help On Washer Pump Location / Replacement

ianharpo

Mrs IanHarpo has an 04 Yaris and jolly good its been for the last 3 years too however yesterday the front screen washer has stopped although the wiper still works and the rear washer and wiper still works so it aint the fuse. I understand that theres two pumps on the Yaris???? probably one of these has failed inmho (guess!).

The question I guess is how do I access the pump???? looking in the engine bay I cant even see the pumps which I assume are mounted on the bottle???. I'm thinking that as as a temp fix I'll just swap over the pumps until I get a replacement - of course this will also tell me whether it is indeed the pumped thats effed.

Any help will be welcome

Both front and rear pumps are located in the washer fluid reservoir, which is not easy to access. You may have to remove the bumper cover. Here are pictures from another thread provided by Haylands which show the reservoir and the lines going to the front and rear washers:

27012009143.jpg

27012009144.jpg

Both front and rear pumps are located in the washer fluid reservoir, which is not easy to access. You may have to remove the bumper cover. Here are pictures from another thread provided by Haylands which show the reservoir and the lines going to the front and rear washers:

27012009143.jpg

27012009144.jpg

Many thanks......I took off the wheel arch inner and swapped the tubes and the connects so that the front now works again but the rear is out of action. Thanks for the helpful post.

The little black studs that hold the plastic inner arch on were a bit tricky but once I discovered that the centre has to be pulled out before the outer ring bit can be pulled out of the hole it all went fine.

Again many thanks