Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Running Water Sound On Start Up

Peter Wilks

hi, my 2.0 d4-d has started making a runing water sound from behind the dashboard everytimer i start it.

any ideas what it could be??

The scuttle below the windscreen will be blocked. there are drainholes at either end. You will have to prod around to find them. The drain holes exit behind the front wheel arch, a cutain wire poked up will clear them.

cant find anything blocked there, its gurgling/running sound not a sloshing about sound.

could be, its behind the dash,

Put the vent to cold.... If the noise stops, voila.... If it doesn't make sure your vent air is actually cold as the valve may not be operating fully.

Is your radiator fully topped up as you may be drawing air into the system.

Are your feet getting strangely wet when you drive, if you are under 65 this is not normal and it could be comming from the heater.

Mine does the same. Has since I bought it with 12k miles on it. Its wierd isn't it? No idea what it is. It does change as the engine is revd but hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it.

The sound you hear is from an air pocket inside the heater radiator, which hasn't been purged properly.

Check the expansion bottle and top it up to max level.

Then turn the heater to maximum hot and go for a 5 minute drive around the block.

Check the expansion vessel again and fill as necessary.

If the problem returns, there is a leak somewhere.

The sound you hear is from an air pocket inside the heater radiator, which hasn't been purged properly.

Check the expansion bottle and top it up to max level.

Then turn the heater to maximum hot and go for a 5 minute drive around the block.

Check the expansion vessel again and fill as necessary.

If the problem returns, there is a leak somewhere.

Worked a treat, Cheers for the help.

hi, my 2.0 d4-d has started making a runing water sound from behind the dashboard everytimer i start it.

any ideas what it could be??

hi Peter

have drain pipe (dia 8-12 mm) found from the A/C evaporator -- under the car and try to push thru with a wire -- may be this will cure it. Cheers/Igor

I had this with my LC.

Turned out that when my coolant pipe was replaced my local MR T did not top up the coolant. I added coolant and the bubbling/water sound dissapeared.

The other issue I had which was an indication of low coolant was when the heater was on and I came to a standstill/or parked up the hot air went cold... again this was cured once the coolant was topped up.

Regards

Rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links