Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For A New Front Bumper Or Just A Front Lip (E12, 2002)

gstraw

Hey guys

Quick intro, I actually own a Toyota Celica GT 2006 and im a member or Celica Club UK. I also have a toyota corolla which is the 2002, T2 model (E12 i think it is)and the front splitter is looking a bit sorry for itself! lol

So I thought instead of replacing it with a standard one (any link to where I can get the standard one?) I thought I wouldnt mind now getting a nice aftermarket lip or maybe even a full kit but it needs to be very subtle because i dont even have rims and the cars not lowered etc so it will look silly if its got a very flamboyant kit. My celica on the other hand has the GT kit and different headlights and is lowered so it looks nice and it flow.

So firstly, what options do I have in terms of the front lips I can get or front bumper? I could only find 1 or 2 online/ebay but the kits looked a bit extreme.

I do like the TTE front lip. I am on a very tight budget since im getting married this year (its actually why my parents said to fix the corolla up because we will be using it a lot more- its hardly ever used just now)

And secondly where do you guys buy your parts from?

Thanks in advance!

Hey

Thanks for that. Do you have any pics of your fitted? I kinda like one of the front bumpers but since ive no fog lights (very standard corolla)would it look funny with all the cuts at the side? and also I dont have a nice shinny radiator either.

Is there also a way to get my E12 to look like the facelift. i.e can I just buy some facelift lights and a facelift bumper and its a direct fit or is it more complex/not possible

thanks

the body kit I bought from there is for my fiesta mate so sorry not much help there.

but re the facelift question, unfortunately it's not that simple.

there are a few guys here that have done the p-fl to fl mod but it requires a bit of skill/modding as it's not a direct fit.

The rear bumpers are but the front is slightly different I am told. not sure what would need doing, but hopefully a more experienced member will come along and tell ya. :)

what exactly is wrong with ya rolla? got any pics so we can see/advise? :)

welcome along.

lips, you can go TTE or TTE replica from eBay, as TTE have gone you cant buy it new so i would advise a rep from eBay

you could also go SR, this is a nice subtile lip found on the high spec face lift model

if money is tight you could also get a replacment splitter from a scrapyard or eBay and get it colour coded to the car :thumbsup:

facelift, yeap its just headlights and bumper, straight swap, few bolts/holes dont line up perfect but its not too bad.

Hey

Thanks for the replies

The splitter has kinda come off the car and the underplastics are just dragging.

Can the SR fit directly onto the prefacelift dude? Yea the TTE seems alright but not many out there :(

Also does the facelift bumper come with a lip pre-attached? And where do people get them from? Not many on eBay unfortunately

Also if people know of other lips do let me know., I really like the c one motorsport lip for celica's and it would look nice on the corolla lol

Are there any members on here which do bodyshop work? Sometimes it's better to give them business

Thanks!

i really like the SR lip, wish i could find one.

the tte repkica looks pretty good still though

on the subject of front lips has anyone painted the bottom lip on a pfl? just wondering what it would look like?

on the subject of front lips has anyone painted the bottom lip on a pfl? just wondering what it would look like?

Painted mine same colour as the car.

3-1.jpg

corol2.jpg

Red! Makes the front end of the car look lower if it's the same colour as the car.

Isn't painting quite expensive though and Wouk u be worth getting a TTE front lip and painting that?

Madvinegar your car looks lush!

Also anyone bought from that eBay seller I mentioned?

Cheers

yeah thats what i want to do but i dont have it lowered or skirts so reckon it may make the back look higher if i do it red??? lol nah not expensive if you do it yourself just need to take time sanding it down, the spraying is the easy bit on a small piece like that, id like the front tte splitter and some 5 door side skirts but thats ££££'s instead of about a fiver lol

yea thats the TTE replica splitter, seems desent looking

i would imagine the SR lip will go straight on as iav seen the TTE splitter(pre face lift) on a face lift bumper.

i colour coded my orgional splitter before i got the TTE bumper

SDC10367.jpg

SDC10365.jpg

the car looks really nice like tat i think mate! did you have the paint made up?

what are those lights in your grill?

cheers, dont look anything like that now though....

left the lip in with my panel beater, he had left over paint from spraying my spoiler the month before,

think it cost €20 to get it done :yahoo:

the lights in the grill are............number plate lights from a bus :eek: , haha

looked really well at night, had a tidy job done on it and had them well hidden into the grill.

me and my mate did it, had them wired into the side lights and a switch in the dash for them

wanted to give it the E10 grill look, i love the spotlights that do be in them grills

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links