Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clearing Abs Light

Cretin

Hi,

I managed to shear the top off one of the ABS sensor bolts and had to cable-tie it up out of the way for a while.

I've now had the bolt drilled out and the sensor replaced but the ABS light is still on. It's possible the sensor is now knackered but I'm trying to see if the fault will clear. I've read, in other threads, of getting the fault code by shorting pins in the DLC1 connector (but have NO idea where this is - I can't find it.)

Are there any docs on how to clear the light in an Avensis (X reg)? Can anyone point me in the direction of exactly where DLC1 is? I know where DLC2/OBD port is but don't know if that will do..

Thanks,

Will

Hi,

I managed to shear the top off one of the ABS sensor bolts and had to cable-tie it up out of the way for a while.

I've now had the bolt drilled out and the sensor replaced but the ABS light is still on. It's possible the sensor is now knackered but I'm trying to see if the fault will clear. I've read, in other threads, of getting the fault code by shorting pins in the DLC1 connector (but have NO idea where this is - I can't find it.)

Are there any docs on how to clear the light in an Avensis (X reg)? Can anyone point me in the direction of exactly where DLC1 is? I know where DLC2/OBD port is but don't know if that will do..

Thanks,

Will

have tried disconnecting the Battery for a short while,this may well get rid of light.

have tried disconnecting the battery for a short while,this may well get rid of light.

Just tried that. Still on. Unfortunately, this doesn't tell me if it's faulty or just not cleared.. :(

W

have tried disconnecting the battery for a short while,this may well get rid of light.

Just tried that. Still on. Unfortunately, this doesn't tell me if it's faulty or just not cleared.. :(

W

Ah.. done it.

Well, I haven't cleared it but I've managed to get it to tell me the fault. Linking pins 4 & 13 of the OBD port has given me code 35 which, as I suspected, means the sensor is buggered.

Hey ho, off to eBay I go..

W

W

Ah.. done it.

Well, I haven't cleared it but I've managed to get it to tell me the fault. Linking pins 4 & 13 of the OBD port has given me code 35 which, as I suspected, means the sensor is buggered.

Hey ho, off to eBay I go..

W

Since you refitted the sensor, have you driven the car? When I broke off the ABS wheel in the rear hub, I replaced the hub and then after about 20 yards, the ABS light went out.

That was on MOT day - and it passed!

The reason I think is, the system needs to verify that all is well by actually running. That is how I think it works - by reading the signals from all sensors. I could be wrong but you have to try something different.

The other thing is the sensor has to positioned accurately. If it offline slightly then that may effect the sensor. Again I could be wrong.

The reason I responded is - was the sensor was working until you broke the fitting bolt?

Got to give it ago.

Since you refitted the sensor, have you driven the car? When I broke off the ABS wheel in the rear hub, I replaced the hub and then after about 20 yards, the ABS light went out.

That was on MOT day - and it passed!

The reason I think is, the system needs to verify that all is well by actually running. That is how I think it works - by reading the signals from all sensors. I could be wrong but you have to try something different.

The other thing is the sensor has to positioned accurately. If it offline slightly then that may effect the sensor. Again I could be wrong.

The reason I responded is - was the sensor was working until you broke the fitting bolt?

Got to give it ago.

Yep, have driven it. The sensor is hopefully lined up correctly as the bolt should do that.

The sensor was working beforehand but did appear to have a bit of damage to it which probably happened whilst driving about with it cable-tied up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links