Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Know Collision Warning System?

dummyriddle

Dear all

I am a BEng student in Manufacturing Engineering student at the University of Nottingham in the UK.

For my final year project, I am conducting research into drivers’ use of new technology within their vehicles. I am particularly interested in people who have experience driving the following vehicles: BMW 750Li, Ford Taurus, Honda Accord (model after 2006), Mercedes-Benz E,S class (model after 2006), Volvo XC60,V70, XC70, S80, Toyota Prius series 3, Lexus EX.

If you have driven any of above cars, please could you spare some of your valuable time and fill in the survey at the following link http://questionpro.com/t/AFLofZJIy1

The survey has been designed to take no more than 10 minutes to complete.

you may contact me by email at the email address: epydsb@nottingham.ac.uk

Yours sincerely,

T

Please excuse my ignorance on this but can someone tell me what a Collision Warning System actually does?

Is this the same or similar to intelligent cruise control which will apply the brakes if the car gets too close to another one in front?

All of my cars have had this fitted.

Its simple technology that works by the driver watching where they are going, applying brakes or left/right direction when needed, and all round observation at all times.

Its served me very well over the last 10 years, and i plan to carry it over to my future cars. :thumbsup:

Its simple technology that works by the driver watching where they are going, applying brakes or left/right direction when needed, and all round observation at all times.

Its served me very well over the last 10 years, and i plan to carry it over to my future cars. :thumbsup:

There is a vital weak link on that system...............The nut that holds the steering wheel! :lol:

Obviously that upgrade in not available in Nottingham... :lol:

Please excuse my ignorance ?

It's OK we are used to it...

One nil :thumbsup:

There is a vital weak link on that system...............The nut that holds the steering wheel! :lol:

Thats not a weak link on a Toyota!! :toast:

Thank you for your kindness everyone :)

I really need the information from u guy even though some info maybe not up to date =_="

I have the uprated version of the collision warning system that also checks my speed constantly and will also locate the best shopping centres with ease, the system is also highly mobile so can be transferred from car to car or used on the foot, providing me with regular voice updates and commands.

The system I use is Wife v 1.00.1a and so far has been very reliable if not a little annoying at times, I have yet to find the mute or off button as there was no instruction manual so I have had to learn the hard way!

I did consider some time ago to upgrade to girlfriend v1.50.1 or wife v2.03.01 but the costs of removing the current system proved to be prohibitively expensive so I have decided to stay with what I have got :thumbsup:

I have the uprated version of the collision warning system that also checks my speed constantly and will also locate the best shopping centres with ease, the system is also highly mobile so can be transferred from car to car or used on the foot, providing me with regular voice updates and commands.

The system I use is Wife v 1.00.1a and so far has been very reliable if not a little annoying at times, I have yet to find the mute or off button as there was no instruction manual so I have had to learn the hard way!

I did consider some time ago to upgrade to girlfriend v1.50.1 or wife v2.03.01 but the costs of removing the current system proved to be prohibitively expensive so I have decided to stay with what I have got :thumbsup:

Good program !!!! :thumbsup: Mine still girlfriend v1.50.1. and this program is try to upgrade by itself :wacko:

Good program !!!! :thumbsup: Mine still girlfriend v1.50.1. and this program is try to upgrade by itself :wacko:

Ah yes that is a common fault I'm afraid

Not all 06+ S classes have it!

I think it was a pretty rarely ordered option, because it was expensive, and pointless.

I'm trialling a new version of GF 1.0.6 and so far things are good, although i'm instructed to drive faster and the music often exceeds my comfort level. She has had 4 years less research than i have, so i expect improvements soon. ;)

Up yours and get back into your burrow :boxing:

No one has yet explained to me how this warning system operates :huh:

A precrash system is an automobile safety system designed to reduce the severity of an accident.

Also known as forward collision warning systems they use radar and sometimes laser sensors to detect an imminent crash.

Depending on the system they may warn the driver, precharge the brakes, inflate seats for extra support, move the passenger seat, position head rests to avoid whip lash, tension seat belts and automatically apply partial or full braking to minimize impact.

Happy now... :yahoo:

A precrash system is an automobile safety system designed to reduce the severity of an accident.

Also known as forward collision warning systems they use radar and sometimes laser sensors to detect an imminent crash.

Depending on the system they may warn the driver, precharge the brakes, inflate seats for extra support, move the passenger seat, position head rests to avoid whip lash, tension seat belts and automatically apply partial or full braking to minimize impact.

Happy now... :yahoo:

do you mean rattles and seized calipers

Depending on the system they may warn the driver, precharge the brakes, inflate seats for extra support, move the passenger seat, position head rests to avoid whip lash, tension seat belts and automatically apply partial or full braking to minimize impact....

Is that what the system is.... blimey that is old as I used to own a Nissan 8 years ago that had a similar system that would apply the brakes for me :yes:

....Happy now... :yahoo:

Yes.... it was not hard was it for someone to give me an answer :thumbsup:

Is that what the system is.... blimey that is old as I used to own a Nissan 8 years ago that had a similar system that would apply the brakes for me :yes:

I did, it was called a chauffeur :lol:

An indpendent garage close to me will supply an anti-collision system free of charge - well so he claims.

He does have a sign up in his workshop clearly stating "IF WE CAN'T FIX YOUR BRAKES WE'LL MAKE YOUR HORN LOUDER AT NO EXTRA CHARGE" :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links