Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help

bigman-fife-

:crybaby: could some body plz help my celica 1.8 st 1995 is no well its drinking more oil than petrol , and every time i cange gear its a big puff off smoke out the back ..but the proformance is the same just a little laber going thro the gears..plz plz help i luv my wee car... :help:

:crybaby: could some body plz help my celica 1.8 st 1995 is no well its drinking more oil than petrol , and every time i cange gear its a big puff off smoke out the back ..but the proformance is the same just a little laber going thro the gears..plz plz help i luv my wee car... :help:

Sounds to me like it could be piston rings or valve seals mate. :(

sounds like your valve stem seals to me! i had the same problem a few weeks ago, despite what people say, its a pretty easy job! just whip the manifolds off, all plastic covers off, cable tie the cambelt to the camshaft pully then unbolt it, keep the belt tight and tie it up to the bonnet latch or something. unbolt the head, get the springs out, change the seals then bolt it all back together! took me about 2 hours. you'll need a new head gasket while your at it though.

took me about 2 hours. you'll need a new head gasket while your at it though.

thats !Removed! good going it took TOYOTA main dealers 4 1/2 hours to do mine i'll remember to give you a shout next time i need a hand verbally with something major and cost me a fortune.......sorry.......u maybe didnt want to here that.....

s'ok, ask away! i work for a main dealer, we claim as much time as we possibly can when workin on a car, more time = more bonus!!££££!! plus they probably took the cam belt off, by leavin it on and just disconectin the pully u save loads of time!