Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Year Of My Toyota

danitt

Hi everybody!

I have a reason to think that my "2011" Toyota is ectually 2010

The car agency insist that its the newest model...

the chassis number is JTNBV58E10J123349

I need a definit answer!

thanks

I think it depends when you bought it, where it was put together etc... If it was built in Japan it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get here, so if you bought it in January 2011 then I suspect it was built in 2010, if however it was built in Europe and you bought in March 2011 then it is possible that it was built in 2011. !

I think the bad old days of fields full of cars waiting for buyers is long gone, most will be built to order which is why some people wait 15-20 weeks for some models.

I don't know which model you are about to buy (or bouhgt), but my Yaris has assembly dates all over her. Headlights for example have 17th July (delivered to me 11th August) I think glove box may keep some dates hidden, erhm, some more funny looking parts under the bonnet have dates on them as well. Stick you head under the mask and look around. you'll find plenty!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the bad old days of fields full of cars waiting for buyers is long gone, most will be built to order which is why some people wait 15-20 weeks for some models.

I am not so sure. That may be for Toyota, but certainly not for many other companies. Only last year we saw pictures of such things where companies struggling at the time just refused to lower prices. 1 was recorded as saying they would rather let the cars rot. LOL

As for the other matter, I would agree, it could all depend on when you bought it and where it was manufactured.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links