Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parts Shortage

shoney

Well today is the first day of my 12 day shutdown from Toyota, just as we were looking like getting over the recalls and sales slump we're feeling the strain from the parts suppliers in Japan who where hit by the earth quake and tsunami.

May don't look much better, only building at 50% for 3 days and having to take every friday off and bank the hours :(

Do you know what is the current delivery time for a brand new Toyota ordered now?

Do you know what is the current delivery time for a brand new Toyota ordered now?

There are no hard figures, due to the complexities of the whole model range. Cars ordered in Quarter 2 should be OK, except models built in Japan which will have a longer lead time. Toyota are doing all they can to draw on stocks from around the globe to match cars with customer orders, this will lead to longer lead times

Toyota are not alone in this, ALL the major Japanese car makers, parts suppliers, electrical suppliers etc etc are in the same position. This situation will not only affect car manufacturers but TV's and all sorts of electrical goods

The best advice I can give would be to contact your dealer for up to the minute advice on ETA's as the situation is changing daily with customer orders/ buyers

If you want a new Toyota this year, order early, especially for the September plate change and especially for Japan built models. The situation is not dire, but Quarter 3 will be difficult. A lot of parts supply has been outsourced to other countries in Asia, Toyota are doing all they can in very challenging times

Kingo :thumbsup:

There are no hard figures, due to the complexities of the whole model range. Cars ordered in Quarter 2 should be OK, except models built in Japan which will have a longer lead time. Toyota are doing all they can to draw on stocks from around the globe to match cars with customer orders, this will lead to longer lead times

Toyota are not alone in this, ALL the major Japanese car makers, parts suppliers, electrical suppliers etc etc are in the same position. This situation will not only affect car manufacturers but TV's and all sorts of electrical goods

The best advice I can give would be to contact your dealer for up to the minute advice on ETA's as the situation is changing daily with customer orders/ buyers

If you want a new Toyota this year, order early, especially for the September plate change and especially for Japan built models. The situation is not dire, but Quarter 3 will be difficult. A lot of parts supply has been outsourced to other countries in Asia, Toyota are doing all they can in very challenging times

Kingo :thumbsup:

shock horror...... does this mean that the supply of 5 door cars will at last dry up ??? I heard its a major shortage of hinges that is causing this problem ? :lol:

I do have a small stock of hinges in my garage - saved from being melted down over the years.... do you think the value of these is increasing; and if so, when should I put them on eBay ?

With the tragic loss of life and homes that has occured in the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami, I personally feel that it is innapropriate to complain about not being able to get your new car or television on time in the UK

What has happened in Japan is unprecedented and the people of Japan need our help instead of our selfish thoughts :rolleyes:

• Like 1