Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Problem

Moore89

Hi Guys,

Bit of a strange one here.

Having some problems with the passenger side window on my Pre facelift corolla. The middle window hinge has been replaced twice and on both occasions the same problems persists. The hinge extends too far into the door so that when the window is wound down it catches the hinge and disrupts the travel of the glass. One hinge was bought from Toyota and the other from a local factors. Were the middle door hinges changed from the Fl onwards?

Cheers

Do you mean the door check strap that stops the door swinging too far? Also i net it doesnt do it when the door is open.

If so my drivers door did the same thing and so did my pals on a f/l, the soloution is to remove it and bend it(i used a vice and hammer), mine didnt take much to do.

Yeah that's the one. So just bend the end down 90 degrees? Got any photos of the finished article?

Not as much as that it only needs bent a small amount, it doesnt look any different to a normal one.

Best way to do it is bend it a little try it and keep that going until it stops making a noise.

I cant remember which way you need to bend it.

Thanks for the help, in the end I needed to cut off a small section to stop it touching the glass.

Now this has given rise to another problem. The window goes down fine but when raising it back up the track dosent move up evenly. So on the passenger door the side closest to the back seats moves out of the seals. Its like the track is moving up at an angle, with the left side moving up quicker than the right side. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks again guys.

Did you take out any bolts that hold the window runners in place?

Take the door card off and work the window see if anything moves while doing it.

There seems to be a lot of play in the whole mechanism. You can move the glass back and forth really easily. All bolts are in place and there dosen't seem to be any obvious way of tightening everything up.

sounds almost exactly like what happened to me when my regulator went, it made the glass sit on the outside of the runners/seal/whatever you call it, does yours do this?

my local garage fixed it, but it was nottttttt cheap!

Yeah, it was doing that for a while but now it just moves up unevenly. Looks like i'll need to have it looked it.

It might not be, I'm nooo expert when it comes to these things, but just seems identical to the problem I had. cost me the best part of £400!