Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Belt Light

yellow peril

just bought a 2000 mk 4 hilux just as she turned 90000 on the odometer the T belt light on the dash came on, i have service records to show the belt was changed at 78000 miles about a year and a half ago, can any one help point me in the right direction to turning the light off, or is it a garage job and computer reset, any advice will be greatly appreciated as was not sure if there was a fault with my timing belt thanks.

Hopefully it will be one

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119162

Or

If you look at the dash clock you will find a hole (just like the one for the milage reset thing) remover the cap (if its still there) and put something pointy in to press the button

Or

1. When the T-BELT warning light illuminates, follow the procedures below to reset the combination meter.

---1. Push and release the trip meter knob to change the meter display to ODO mode.

---2. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

---3. Press and hold the knob, and turn the ignition switch ON.

---4. Keep the knob pushed for 5 seconds or more.

---5. Release the knob and then push it again within 5 seconds.

---6. Release the knob.

---7. Push and release the knob to choose the interval before the next warning light illumination.

HINT:

The interval before the next warning light illumination can be calculated by taking the 2 digit value from the meter display and multiplying it by 10,000. 150,000 km is the default value when the vehicle is shipped.

HINT:

If this step is not performed within 30 seconds of the previous step, the warning light illumination interval will not change and the display will return to ODO mode automatically.

---8. After selecting the interval, hold the knob for 5 seconds or more.

---9. The meter display returns to ODO mode and the warning light turns off

howdy thanks for your rapid reply, but the update is, none of the above remedy my dilema, no holes on dash anywhere, and no digital odometer on my pickup,its a mk 4 year 2000, i would have thought the earlier ones would be a little less complicated,

howdy thanks for your rapid reply, but the update is, none of the above remedy my dilema, no holes on dash anywhere, and no digital odometer on my pickup,its a mk 4 year 2000, i would have thought the earlier ones would be a little less complicated,

its a mk 4 year 2000, i would have thought the earlier ones would be a little less complicated,

No you`ll have to take out the clocks and move the screw that is to the left of the wire in the photo into the next hole.

cambelt-reset.jpg

does that re set the t belt light, then do i have to put the screw back to its original position? or does this then bring the light back on at another service interval ?

howdy folks an update for my hi lux, removed the dash trim today and took the clocks out, only to find they were nothing like the above pictures,no screw holes to fill with other screws, after a bit of deliberation about removing the bulb i decided against it, i followed the printed circuit from the t belt light which led to a two pin plug this was marked x next to it was space to move it across marked y, by doing this the t belt was off and the bulb was still in place, thanks a lot to dervdave for pointing me in the right direction cheers.