Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Landcruiser Lc5 2004 Sat Nav Screen

Patbrown

Hi, I've managed to shatter the touch screen! and am looking for a replacement screen or whatever I need. Toyota main dealer seem to tell me £4,052 + VAT + fitting.....................

Am kinda hoping there's a better option but I can't seem to find one. Ive been on the www looking for breakers but getting nothing

Any help would be appreciated.

Pat

Hi, I seem to be drawing a bit of a blank with this one. I have searched E-bay and come back with nothing and I have just been in touch with a car audio firm who think that a repair depends on with system has been installed. They say it will either be a Denso or Fujitsu system - if its Fujitsu then there might be a repair option at about £1k where as if its Denso there is no option.

Any idea how I would find out which system is in it? Toyota dealership disnt seem to helpful other than qouting me for a complete new system.

Would be very interested in anyones thoughts, comments or potential solutions on this.

Thanks, Pat

You need to be talking to the people at AUTOSOUND If Autosound cant help you, trust me, nobody will

They do all the warranty repairs for Toyota so you will get an answer without the hassle of trawling through the web

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

For less than 1k you could get a fitted brand new 3rd party sat nav unit that will wee wee all over Toyota`s 4.5k??? you can buy a car for that money.

There are a few eBay sellers selling these units, Tomtom can be installed on them, better maps better updates and cheaper to do so.

For less than 1k you could get a fitted brand new 3rd party sat nav unit that will wee wee all over Toyota`s 4.5k??? you can buy a car for that money.

There are a few ebay sellers selling these units, Tomtom can be installed on them, better maps better updates and cheaper to do so.

The problem with an LC5 is that the screen is also used for setting the heating etc. One of the reasons I chose an LC4 instead, as I expect to upgrade the satnav at some point in the car's life.

There are a few ebay sellers selling these units, Tomtom can be installed on them, better maps better updates and cheaper to do so.

The problem with an LC5 is that the screen is also used for setting the heating etc. One of the reasons I chose an LC4 instead, as I expect to upgrade the satnav at some point in the car's life.

A Ha, now that could be a problem. Maybe Toyota are on to these 3rd party sat navs, and are now incorperating things like heating control like you say to stop you buying else where.

I`m sure those clever fellows in china will get on to this also. and incorperate heating control in there sat navs, its only a matter of time.

Have managed to source one from a breaker and waiting for it to be sent now.

£168 for the screen and about £50 to fit, so a lot better than Toyota's new one at £5k!

On the asumption the Breakers one works of course!!

Never, ever buy any out of warranty car from any maker that has complex touch screen (or worse still voice activated controls) that do anything more than drive the functions of the unit itself. So audio, Satnav all well and good because they are limited to the unit itself, but when heating/aircon is included and, God help you, "Personalized Vehicle Settings" (lighting, locking preferences, seat heating, seat positions) it is a disaster waiting to happen.

That comes in the form of the cost of replacement OEM units being sometimes more than the market value of the vehicle.

Worse still, many car insurance policies have preset limits on the cover for audio equipment.

"But it is not just audio but part of the integrated control system of the car!" you wail

"You read the T&C. Now bugger off."

If you do have such a unit, make sure your insurer understands that and will cover replacement cost in full to cover theft/damage resulting from attempted theft. That has proved to be a massive pratfall for some unfortunates who have purchased a Mercedes Benz with a COMMAND unit fitted and then discover they are limited to a £500 claim. (Or they can try to buy their own unit back via a Lithuanian eBay listing....)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links