Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Corolla T Sport

lesbirel91

what should i look for when buy a corolla

and is £ 3300 a good price for a 2004 t sport with 34k on the clock just the down side got dent in wing witch might just need a dent wizard and needs front bumper sprayed anyone know how much to spray front bumper ?

what should i look for when buy a corolla

and is £ 3300 a good price for a 2004 t sport with 34k on the clock just the down side got dent in wing witch might just need a dent wizard and needs front bumper sprayed anyone know how much to spray front bumper ?

Depends on the damage, but I'd say that's a nice price (that might be hiding some other work required...?)

Mr. T would be selling that for at least 5.5k I'd have thought and I've seen them dealer listed as high at 6.5k with that age and mileage. So got to be worth a look (and a drive) to check out the reality.

Hi lesbirel91 - Welcome to TOC. Some info and things worth checking in this post and the thread linked from it. Regarding the price, it almost sounds a bit too cheap to me - but may reflect the damage, general condition etc.

You should be looking at around £40 max for the dent and depending on how bad the bumper is I would have thought somewhere around £120 to £150 to paint it.

Must agree it sounds very cheap so be careful and check it over properly, get it HPI'd too

• Like 1

Mines a 04 pfl with 46k, I payed £5500 for it from a Toyota dealer. Got club Toyota and waranty thrown in with it, I ended up having two new tires, front and rear bumpers touched up

That might be the most expensive pre facelift in history!!

I bought my facelift for 7k on a 06 plate with 20k on the clock

From toyota aswell. Years warranty years Toyota club. Years mot and tax

Mines a 04 pfl with 46k, I payed £5500 for it from a Toyota dealer. Got club Toyota and waranty thrown in with it, I ended up having two new tires, front and rear bumpers touched up

I paid £5500 for my 04 PFL with 38k last year

T sports were dearer in those days! :lol: I'm happy with what I paid though because I feel it was worth every penny

If I'd of waited a month I could have had a compressor for £6500 :-(,

It was a bit pricy, I shopped around and that's pretty much how much they all were round Nottingham at the time, I could have picked one up for 2k but it was a nail

Provided that the damage is cheap to repair then that is a good price.

I paid 3500 on Wednesday for a 2003 5dr PFL with 44k.

If I'd of waited a month I could have had a compressor for £6500 :-(,

It was a bit pricy, I shopped around and that's pretty much how much they all were round Nottingham at the time, I could have picked one up for 2k but it was a nail

Did you get yours from ron Brooks in ilkeston mate?

okay cheers guys i have had a good look cant seem to find anything major wrong couple little scratches here and there the worst is the front bumper needs to be sanded and painted as its cracking and peeling off , but like you guys said it wont be that much to get the front bumper resprayed im willing to pay up to 250£ for some fresh paint! other than that drives well clutch good coolant looks good oil sound no odd engine noises

think i found my self a bargin but i will try knock him down to £3000 worth a try :) cheers guys

Hi lesbirel91 - Welcome to TOC. Some info and things worth checking in this post and the thread linked from it. Regarding the price, it almost sounds a bit too cheap to me - but may reflect the damage, general condition etc.

cheers for that and yes i have notice that the seat dosnt go all the way back on the drives side take it thats normal on these corollas

easy fix ? even if not don't mind as hate getting out to let people in :P

Yeah, I saw it at Mansfield, went back a week later and they had moved it to ilkeston, really good after sales team there

Mine was up for £9k for a 54 plate with 33k miles back in 2007 blink.gif

Having said that i got £2k trade in for my old Yaris so it cost me £7k

Going on the value i could sell it for depreciation hasn't affected me too much over the last 4 years (h)

cheers for that and yes i have notice that the seat dosnt go all the way back on the drives side take it thats normal on these corollas

easy fix ? even if not don't mind as hate getting out to let people in :P

Sadly it's not the designed behaviour which is why I listed it as something to watch out for - unfortunately the seat pins (on either side) have a tendency to snap and then mean you can't fully move the seat. There's not a particularly cheap or easy fix I'm afraid, unless anyone can correct me(?). I know some people have had the seats out to take a look at them. Like you say, good excuse not to let people in your side, but on a serious point more of a safety issue if you were ever in a crash. You probably want to read this thread (and maybe kick some life into it?), I don't think it's been taken any further lately - "Writing To Toyota About Slider Pins"

i now own this t sport and im happy with it so far just anoyed about the seat just stuck abit to far away as im quiet short :P

so if anyone can help me with the seat that be great :)

also il upload some pics if anyone would like to see !

Really common fault mate, I don't think its a simple/cheap fix either

mine is broken to but im apparently awaiting repairs from the garage since its under warranty with them needless to say i havent heard back in 2 weeks :) so im gonna try something at the weekend if i have time :D

• Like 1

Warranty is a nice catch. The drivers seat mechanism went on mine a week before the warranty ran out. Luckily I got it into the dealer in time and they promptly diagnosed a new seat base was required. The cost? A cool £700. Ouch. So glad I didn't have to Shell out for that.

Hopefully yours isn't the same issue, or if it is, there is an easier and cheaper fix.

Warranty is a nice catch. The drivers seat mechanism went on mine a week before the warranty ran out. Luckily I got it into the dealer in time and they promptly diagnosed a new seat base was required. The cost? A cool £700. Ouch. So glad I didn't have to shell out for that.

Hopefully yours isn't the same issue, or if it is, there is an easier and cheaper fix.

£700!!!! a new seat would of been cheaper :P

and hopefully not at that price might have to have a good looks to see if it can be welded

you could prob get a custom one made or a universal one made to fit for that. may aswell get the low ones from nengun for that money haha! (good excuse for the mrs) ;)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links