Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Way Of Boosting Signal

shoney

Yesterday I had my aerial stolen, so I went to the only place around me to buy a new one (halfords) I got a anti-theft aerial for £20 but the signal seems poor, I've re-tuned all the stations and it's still poor, ive currently got a jvc head unit in which is normally really good for finding stations :( is there any way of boosting the signal, it seems like a daft question but im a novice when it comes to car radios

I recently replaced mine with a smaller aeriel from a VW Polo (New shape) for aprox £13.

It works as well as the original and looks much better IMO.

I do have a post on the forum about it somewhere.

:thumbsup:

I had one off a new shape avensis which are shorter till someone thought it was a good idea to take it :(

I had one off a new shape avensis which are shorter till someone thought it was a good idea to take it :(

Did the new Avensis areial work well mate ? :thumbsup:

Well this makes things worse, just gone to take the anti-theft off and go and fetch a vdub one, all goes well until I go to get the large grub screw out of the top of the car and it's just spinning when I turn it, looks like when I was putting it in yesterday I over tightend it, looks like this is going to cost me even more now cos of a little Chav taking my original one

i would get an allen key and dip it in araldite then put it in the grub screw, wait for about 3-4 hours and then go and turn it. it should unscrew out.

Nice one I'll try that, I've seen a new base and aerial on eBay for £20, it's either that or re-tap the base

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links