Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Filter Or Air Box?

b1gpkr001

Hi all

Thinking about putting my standard air box back in and getting a performance panel filter and fitting a ram air feed.

At the moment I have a powertec filter fitted.

What do you think would be better?

Keep the induction kit or go back to air box?

Thanks

Phil

Was thinking about getting as much cold air into the engine as possible and the way I was thinking with the air box would near be a closed loop system with the ram air pipe in the grill/bumper. As the induction kit must draw quite alot of hot air. Was thinking about making a cold air enclosure for the induction filter and having a cold air feed to that.

Just thought using the air box idea would keep hot air out better

i just went back to the standard air box, definatly does not pull as hard in lift and sounds like an asthmatic granny compared to the induction kit, but its a lot smoother with the standard box, i think that the best compromise is the standard box and a good panel filter with the original air inlet blocked off and then bore a new hole and custom cold air feed to it :thumbsup:

It's actually been proven loads of times with other cars, that by sanding down all of the ribs inside the Standard Air-Box, you get much better over all performance than with an aftermarket cone filter. You can always fit something like a K&N Panel Filter to your standard air-box and get those ribs sanded down! :thumbsup:

Another useful method is actually to sand the edge of the throttle butterfly valve to flow better, but this will only really help at full wide-open throttle :D

KP

Was going to go with a blitz panel filter air box and ram air feed.

It's actually been proven loads of times with other cars, that by sanding down all of the ribs inside the Standard Air-Box, you get much better over all performance than with an aftermarket cone filter. You can always fit something like a K&N Panel Filter to your standard air-box and get those ribs sanded down!

Another useful method is actually to sand the edge of the throttle butterfly valve to flow better, but this will only really help at full wide-open throttle

KP

:yes: also removing that stupid white plastic part fron inside the air box helps :thumbsup: knife-edging the butterfly valve is a good idea just if you attempt it dont do it to much or it will have the opposite effect

Yeah I should have mentioned the butterfly valve, just don't sand the edge off or you'll have way too much air in there :lol:

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links