Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tailgate Inner Plastic Trim

Anstrich

Morning everyone. Can anyone advise me on where I can pick up some new clips to secure the inner plastic trim back onto the tailgate of my car. My wife went to close the boot and managed to pull the whole lot off. I have managed to attach it temporarily but some of the clips are damaged. Hopefully I have managed to explain this in enough detail. The vehicle is a Toyota Avensis 1.8 VVTi CDX 2001. The trim is the one that covers the rear wiper and high mounted stop light. Any help/advice would be great.

Hi Anstrich,

The clips are standard so you can get them from any car spares shop. In handle recess there is a screw that secures the trim. That is what you need, because without that screw the trim will be pulled off everytime you try to close the rear hatch - even with the clips. The screw is a philips style self tapper. It is used in other parts of the car to hold interior trim. I think you find it is missing.

I had the same trouble a few years back and the screw fell into the boot.

Simple and easy. :thumbsup:

Hi Anstrich,

The clips are standard so you can get them from any car spares shop. In handle recess there is a screw that secures the trim. That is what you need, because without that screw the trim will be pulled off everytime you try to close the rear hatch - even with the clips. The screw is a philips style self tapper. It is used in other parts of the car to hold interior trim. I think you find it is missing.

I had the same trouble a few years back and the screw fell into the boot.

Simple and easy. :thumbsup:

Hi Konrad,

Many thanks exactly as you described. Your advice has solved my problem. :yahoo:

Hi Anstrich again,

Much appreciated.

I have to admit that this foxed me for a while, before I solved it.

:thumbsup:

Hi Anstrich again,

Much appreciated.

I have to admit that this foxed me for a while, before I solved it.

:thumbsup:

Konrad,

You would not happen to know the proper name and details of the clips as I need to replace a few which have been damage. As I spent for ages searching on line for the correct ones but there are thousands.

But once again thanks for your help, at least my wife no longer thinks she is the HULK. Oh and the screw had fallen into the boot.

Kind Regards :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links