Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Undershields/ Engine Liner - Drivers Side

So I bought a G6R

Hi guys,

The white TTE specced 1.3 litre 'rolla I recently bought was missing the drivers side plastic engine undershield (goes underneath where the oil filter is) - anyone got any idea whether one from a 1.6 would fit as there's one on eBay that would be good to buy if it did?

Here is the link so you can understand what type of part I'm after. I've emailed the seller to find out if its the drivers side version but waiting on the answer.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150509667718

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I don't know for def, but cant see why not.

Speak to Toyota parts and they will be able to confirm.

Ahh good idea Tibs, I will do that. I need to get hold of one pretty soon.

Update: the guy got back to me, said it wouldnt' fit my 1.3 as it was from a 1.6.

I've no idea the difference in shape etc. between the 1.3 and 1.6...

Very surprised that they are different. Although i'm happy to stand corrected as i'm not an authority on these matters.

Perhaps they are the same , and he is just covering his back if he doesn't know for certain? Can't blame him if thats the case.

I'm almost tempted to give it a shot for £13.50 as its unlikely I will find one for less money closer by...

unfortunately the Haynes manual doesn't detail any differences. If I could see an undershot of the engine on a 1.3 and a 1.6 I would be able to tell if there was a difference. Hmm, time to go hunting on Google :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links