Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Granvia Battery Question/problem

paul_devon

I have just bought a Toyota Granvia import and got a problem with the Battery. It keeps loosing charge whilst the van is not being used. I thought it was a dodgy Battery, and thankfully my son had a spare diesel Battery in his garage. We connected the battery with jump leads to see if it would help and it started the vehicle. As my sons battery seemed ok, we gave it a full charge, and then fitted it to the vehicle. When coming to start the vehicle the next morning, the battery was dead.

Have I been using 2 dud batteries, or is it more likely that something in the vehicle is draining the charge from the battery? When the vehicle is not in use, the stereo faceplate is removed, and I make sure all the lights etc are turned off. The vehicle does have an aftermarket imobiliser fitted but apart from that, the vehicle is standard. I don't want to buy a new battery if there is a simple fix that is common on these vans.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I have just bought a Toyota Granvia import and got a problem with the battery. It keeps loosing charge whilst the van is not being used. I thought it was a dodgy battery, and thankfully my son had a spare diesel battery in his garage. We connected the battery with jump leads to see if it would help and it started the vehicle. As my sons battery seemed ok, we gave it a full charge, and then fitted it to the vehicle. When coming to start the vehicle the next morning, the battery was dead.

Have I been using 2 dud batteries, or is it more likely that something in the vehicle is draining the charge from the battery? When the vehicle is not in use, the stereo faceplate is removed, and I make sure all the lights etc are turned off. The vehicle does have an aftermarket imobiliser fitted but apart from that, the vehicle is standard. I don't want to buy a new battery if there is a simple fix that is common on these vans.

Any help will be much appreciated.

hi

have a look at (http://www.toyota-granvia.co.uk/)

THere might be :

- faulty charging relay

- electricity leak in wires

Cheers/Igor

• 5 years later...

For anyone who has had problems with Battery discharge on a toyota granvia campervan my experience was frustrating, the dealer I bought it off kept it for weeks and had an auto electrician try to find the drain. No success, in the end he told me to disconnect the Battery every time we were leaving it for more than a few days. Totally fuming we took it to our small independant garage, which has REAL mechanics and not just fitters, they fixed it in a day, and it's never gone flat since, even left over winter for 2-3 months. The problem??  a relay that stops it from discharging. Cost us next to nothing. Get your relay checked, by a proper old fashioned garage that knows what is what, that's my advice.

• 5 years later...
On 1/21/2017 at 12:58 PM, roz1409 said:

For anyone who has had problems with battery discharge on a toyota granvia campervan my experience was frustrating, the dealer I bought it off kept it for weeks and had an auto electrician try to find the drain. No success, in the end he told me to disconnect the battery every time we were leaving it for more than a few days. Totally fuming we took it to our small independant garage, which has REAL mechanics and not just fitters, they fixed it in a day, and it's never gone flat since, even left over winter for 2-3 months. The problem??  a relay that stops it from discharging. Cost us next to nothing. Get your relay checked, by a proper old fashioned garage that knows what is what, that's my advice.

Sorry to post on this some 5 years later, but do you have any idea which relay was replaced? Many thanks.