Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eco On Eco Off ?

YarisOAP

I cannot get my head round this button, and the concept, what does it mean, sometimes in my speed dials I get eco off does this mean its on ?

why have a button which says eco off with a light on it, can someone explain, I have read the manual but still don't know how it works and what it does

When it says eco off it means that the stop-start system is temporally disabled, so if you pull up to a stop the engine will keep running instead of switching off. It does this either to stop the Battery going flat due to too many starts or to keep the emissions lower if the engine/cat is too cold. This can happen if you are in lots of stop-start traffic, maybe have the heater or lights on or in this weather you may notice the engine starting by itself if the aircon is on.

So if you press the Eco off button and light comes on in the button what does that mean ?

So if you press the Eco off button and light comes on in the button what does that mean ?

That means that you have switched the start-stop system off so the engine will no longer stop when you put it in neutral. The button does not stop it doing this forever though, it will revert to the start-stop system the next time the car is used or ignition switched off and on again.

Cheers, so why have the button anyway, its confusing

Cheers, so why have the button anyway, its confusing

I guess some people don't like it so by disabling it, it saves them sitting in traffic with their foot on the clutch. It may also keep you a bit warmer if you are sat in traffic with the heater on but the engine would start again after a while anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links