Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 T180 Chip Upgrade - I Have The Power!

blue monster

Here Ya go

Jag 3.0D S

Fuel consumption (urban) 30 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 51.3 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 42 mpg

0 - 62 mph 5.9 seconds

Top speed 155 mph

Cylinders 6

Valves 24 v

Engine power 275 bhp

Engine torque 443 lbs/ft

Rav4 T180

Fuel consumption (urban) 33.6 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 46.3 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 40.4 mpg

0 - 62 mph 9.3 seconds

Top speed 124 mph

Cylinders 4

Valves 16 v

Engine power 177 bhp

Engine torque 295 lbs/ft

You need to do Your homework ,Matey... I can tell you in total honesty that the Jag does indeed use less fuel than the Rav does !!

These are of course the government figures but all cars are tested using the same formula.

Both using the brim to brim way of establishing the consumption And the cars fuel computers the Jag wins every time.

I was making reference to how well it might go with a chip fitted :thumbsup:

No doubt if you wanted economy you would have bought a Yaris!!!

I think and having read this thread and I particular Kingos input. The Toyota one from Him would be My bet..... The Ebay ones will be Cr@p. The big advantage of the plug in box is that it can be sold if You decide to part with the car and will recoup a fair chunk of the outlay... Right then Who wants to sell Me Theirs ??? Cheap now !!!

Charlie.

Lol... Don't think you're gonna get to many offers on someone selling you one cheap with the feedback they are having! But worth a shot :yes:

If you get one! Can you get me one to :yahoo:

Here Ya go

Jag 3.0D S

Fuel consumption (urban) 30 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 51.3 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 42 mpg

0 - 62 mph 5.9 seconds

Top speed 155 mph

Cylinders 6

Valves 24 v

Engine power 275 bhp

Engine torque 443 lbs/ft

Rav4 T180

Fuel consumption (urban) 33.6 mpg

Fuel consumption (extra urban) 46.3 mpg

Fuel consumption (combined) 40.4 mpg

0 - 62 mph 9.3 seconds

Top speed 124 mph

Cylinders 4

Valves 16 v

Engine power 177 bhp

Engine torque 295 lbs/ft

You need to do Your homework ,Matey... I can tell you in total honesty that the Jag does indeed use less fuel than the Rav does !!

These are of course the government figures but all cars are tested using the same formula.

Both using the brim to brim way of establishing the consumption And the cars fuel computers the Jag wins every time.

I was making reference to how well it might go with a chip fitted :thumbsup:

No doubt if you wanted economy you would have bought a Yaris!!!

Mate fitting a chip to a Jag would give likely the same gains as fitting one to a Rav or any car for that matter ??

MMmmm Yes a Yaris..... Dont think it would be the best thing for towing though would it ???

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update now that I have been running the T180 with the chip/power upgrade for a little while.

Fuel - was averageing 340 miles per tank before the fuel light came on - now we are getting 420 which is suggesting that we are getting between 6-7 mpg increase as Kingo had advised.

I must stress that we are not driving any differently, you just need less throttle to get to the same speed as before and when you want the power, there is oooddles of it :thumbsup:

I still stand by the title of this thread as in it's well worth the money as it will pay for itself.

Just a quick update now that I have been running the T180 with the chip/power upgrade for a little while.

Fuel - was averageing 340 miles per tank before the fuel light came on - now we are getting 420 which is suggesting that we are getting between 6-7 mpg increase as Kingo had advised.

I must stress that we are not driving any differently, you just need less throttle to get to the same speed as before and when you want the power, the is oooddles of it :thumbsup:

I still stand by the title of this thread as in it's well worth the money as it will pay for itself.

That sounds pretty good to Me Mate !! I'm down in the Midlands for a few weeks so will be ordering one of these when I return home as Im putting a few miles on the car now so 6 to 7 MPG is well worthwhile. I think as I've said before the big bonus is that You can remove the box and sell it on later so all the MPG savings are offset...

Any chance of a couple of pics ???? Thanks !!

Charlie.

No probs mate, will get some pics up tomorrow :thumbsup:

Oi, Kingo, (or Johnnie Two Stars to give you yer North American Indian Name...), if Charlie follows Blue Monster in buying said arrapatus, that must make 387 of these units I have sold / helped sell / bummed up to the nines. Surely my commission of one (1) golf ball kicks in about now.....?

Charlie...offer still stands to try before you buy, but you seem quite set on said purchase....you'll really like it, but IMHO, extra 5mpg a deffo, but to get extra 7mpg, you will be overtaken regularly if you live near a convent...

Big Kev :toast:

Sorry Kev.

Like Green Shield stamps and air miles, Kingo Credits have now stepped up to millions. You get 1 point for every 10 chip kits sold though so keep up the good work and you will soon get the smell off the golf ball.

I fly at least once with Virgin every year and I'm still saving for one crank of the starter motor on the old Jumbo let alone a yard off the stand.

Kingo, don't be intimidated by these threats from the Glaswegan. He sends me begging letters all the time.

Charlie - pics as promised - sorry for the flickr pics but I don't seem to be able to upload pics in to my gallery on here.

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

The dial in the 2nd pic does do 1-9 but the camera on my phone has not picked up the visual settings

Oi, Kingo, (or Johnnie Two Stars to give you yer North American Indian Name...), if Charlie follows Blue Monster in buying said arrapatus, that must make 387 of these units I have sold / helped sell / bummed up to the nines. Surely my commission of one (1) golf ball kicks in about now.....?

Charlie...offer still stands to try before you buy, but you seem quite set on said purchase....you'll really like it, but IMHO, extra 5mpg a deffo, but to get extra 7mpg, you will be overtaken regularly if you live near a convent...

Kev I will definitely get in touch when I'm back up in Scottieland !!. Im home in around 8 weeks time so I will give You a shout and arrange a wee drive if thats OK... Thanks Big Fella !!!

Charlie - pics as promised - sorry for the flickr pics but I don't seem to be able to upload pics in to my gallery on here.

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

The dial in the 2nd pic does do 1-9 but the camera on my phone has not picked up the visual settings

Thanks Mate !! Its just so I can check My car doesn't already have one fitted !! Also where they are mounted for future reference !! The car wont be getting a massive amount of use till I return home late August but I will be definitely be getting one after I get Home !!

Thanks

Charlie.

Kev I will definitely get in touch when I'm back up in Scottieland !!. Im home in around 8 weeks time so I will give You a shout and arrange a wee drive if thats OK... Thanks Big Fella !!!

All part of the service, Charlie, not usually available in Englanshire...woops...heid doon...

Big Kev :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe that it is a Tunit one, I will take a look tomorrow but I'm sure Kingo will be able to confirm.

Right folks I'm here!

NO our kit is not a Tunit kit, they are made in Germany by a company that just makes them just for the trade, they do not retail. Dealers who buy them, then tend to brand them, like we do, as our own

The latest boxes (for T180) are adjustable, the T180 is a difficult engine to tune, too many firms will supply a "one size fits all" tuning box and that type will not work properly on a T180

As mentioned elsewhere, you wont get a Denso pump remapped, it hasnt been done yet, and I dont expect it will be done either. I have lots of people tell me they can get it done, but suprisingly never come back to me with any details, as far as I am concerned, it cannot be re-mapped

ManxRav- but am I wrong in believing that TTE no longer excist. Where they not cut a couple of years ago when Toyota Europe pulled the plug on motorsport?

Yes you are quite right Clare, TTE closed as a business when Toyota pulled out of F1, Toyota do still sell the faster moving TTE parts but in general, TTE no longer exists

Blue Monster- I forgot to mention that I did ask Kingo prior to buying one if this chip kit invalidated the Toyota warranty and he told me it did not.

This is not a Toyota genuine kit, they dont do one for a T180, as mentioned elsewhere they used to do a kit for 3.0 Hilux but expect to pay £1000 for one of those. Our kits have a 2 year warranty, a manufacturer like Toyota cannot void the whole warranty on the car just because it has a kit on it. There is an urban myth about chip kits, usually spouted by those who have no idea about them. They do provide smoother power, increased torque, and a big grin factor, I have been selling them for about 5 or 6 years and what I have NEVER seen, is an engine go bang, or a clutch or transmission fail through fitting a chip kit, it is often what the fellowship of the miserable would claim, but in reality, it just does not happen

The increased economy comes through increased torque allowing you to use a lighter throttle opening, if you thrash the car with your new found power you wont get any benefit, but if you use the extra torque you have, it is easily possble to get better MPG, I have lots of customers who give me anecdotal evidence of this. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee, if it doesnt work for you, we will give you your money back!

Kingo :thumbsup:

a. if your customer has powertrain issues, you better tell them to remove the box before going to the dealer, because warranty will be voided for sure. You can not expect to modify the engine and then Toyota to cover the failure.

b. TTE was folded into TMG before F1 pull, as consolidation in TMME. So now all sports parts are sold under Toyota brand, even if TMG engineers them.

Can anyone recommend a chip fitter in Kent/Surrey :-)

(for Diesel 2.0 D4D)

(for Diesel 2.0 D4D)

If you're looking to buy a Lindop Kit, Iain, fit it yourself when you've got a spare 11/12 minutes.... :thumbsup:

Big Kev.

(for Diesel 2.0 D4D)

If you're looking to buy a Lindop Kit, Iain, fit it yourself when you've got a spare 11/12 minutes.... :thumbsup:

Big Kev.

Thanks, I would next say is it easy :-)

I'm not so great with car electrics

(for Diesel 2.0 D4D)

Big Kev.

Thanks, I would next say is it easy :-)

I'm not so great with car electrics

In the immortal words of Angus the Meerkat....."not difficult, Jimmy...". If it IS the Lindop Kit, or Kingo Chippo Kitto as I have renamed it, they send you clear and concise instructions, and even a wee photographic guide. PM Kingo your home email address, and he will send you a copy of his pictorial guidification. That will trigger the free golf ball I get every time Lindop sell a Chip Kit....oh, look....another flying pig....how uncommon...!!! :yahoo:

Good luck with it Iain....it makes a nice difference.....ask Local Hero, who also got one fitted (by Lindop, coz he's Eng....)

Good luck with it Iain....it makes a nice difference.....ask Local Hero, who also got one fitted (by Lindop, coz he's Eng....)

Thanks, one last cheeky Question...anyone know how this compares with the tunit.com kits?

Thanks, one last cheeky Question...anyone know how this compares with the tunit.com kits?

I'm not sure how they compare! But I have 2 "Tunit" boxes, one on my T-180 and the other on my Polo 1.4 TDi and they are fantastice. Bought the T-180 one off eBay (1 year old) for £150 and the Polo one for £130 (6 months old) and both have the balance of the 3 year warranty left on them. The T-180 (On setting 5) has given me about 7mpg more! and the Polo has given me 5mpg extra on setting 5 to.

I hear that the Kingo box is very good! But like I said I've not used one so far.

Can I have my free Golf ball now plz Kingo? lol :yahoo:

Thanks, one last cheeky Question...anyone know how this compares with the tunit.com kit

I'm not sure how they compare! But I have 2 "Tunit" boxes, one on my T-180 and the other on my Polo 1.4 TDi and they are fantastice. Bought the T-180 one off Ebay (1 year old) for £150 and the Polo one for £130 (6 months old) and both have the balance of the 3 year warranty left on them. The T-180 (On setting 5) has given me about 7mpg more! and the Polo has given me 5mpg extra on setting 5 to.

My Gaelic cousin Mistermena has indeed been fortunate in the purchase price of both his Tunit CHIP KITS, but that kinda luck may not be available on ebay at the moment. The beauty of dealing with Lindop and Kingo is they have a short term sale or return agreement in place (sorry Kingo if this not accurate or changed....?) You will certainly not buy their kit "on the cheap", but mine was second hand, fitted and forgotten about, except when I put ma foot down (having inserted Shell V-Power fuel....)and it wheechs along very nicely, leaving Astra Boy confused and envious....

Pensioner Kev..... :lol:

Edit....don't know why this has all come through out of juxter....?

Yer I've been very lucky to have picked up the Tunit boxes for a cheap price. Very well worth it for that kinda money. I wouldn't go out and spend £485 each on them for sure...:blink:

There is a Tunit box on eBay (Item number: 220808251013) with a start price of £150 (Which is high as they start around the £50 mark)... It says that it will fit...

Lexus IS 220d 177BHP

Toyota Auris 2.2 177BHP T180 SR etc

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D UK Models only inc 200 Model

Toyota Landcruiser 3.0 D-4D 2005 models on

Toyota Rav 4 2.2 D-4D

Also fits some 2.0 D-4D models

I also bought a Tunit box for my brother-in-law's Honda CRV for £80 an all! Gotta love a bargin eh Big Kev :yahoo::yes::clap::driving:

Yer I've been very lucky to have picked up the Tunit boxes for a cheap price. Very well worth it for that kinda money. I wouldn't go out and spend £485 each on them for sure...:blink:

There is a Tunit box on Ebay (Item number: 220808251013) with a start price of £150 (Which is high as they start around the £50 mark)... It says that it will fit...

Lexus IS 220d 177BHP

Toyota Auris 2.2 177BHP T180 SR etc

Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D UK Models only inc 200 Model

Toyota Landcruiser 3.0 D-4D 2005 models on

Toyota Rav 4 2.2 D-4D

Also fits some 2.0 D-4D models

I also bought a Tunit box for my brother-in-law's Honda CRV for £80 an all! Gotta love a bargin eh Big Kev :yahoo::yes::clap::driving:

Aye M/Mena....yer obviously a Welsh prison officer, AND ALL THE INMATES ARE POUND NOTES IN YER WALLET !!!!

Some good bits of business done there... :thumbsup:

Poor Kev

Would the Tunit box of eBay require re setting for the Rav 4 ?? Surely it cant just be fitted to any of the cars listed in the ad ???

Charlie.

Wow they are selling refurb with one years warranty on eBay for £300 and yet with 3 years warranty they are about £400....odd old eBay :-)

The Tunit box in question is the V-CR type and apparently according to their website this model code fits all of those type of engines. Might I add it even fits the 1.4 D4D engine as well.

Regards Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links