Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Avensis Auto Door Locking Question

hughjengin

Hi, just taken delivery of a new 2011 2.2 Diesel TR Avensis manual Tourer. Just trying to work out the bizarre auto door locking situation. Mine as it appears to be normal locks the doors when you begin driving over a certain speed, however the manual suggests (if I read it right) that all the doors including the boot should unlock if I switch off the engine and open the drivers door within 10 secs. Mine doesnt do that, I can open the drivers door and front passengers door from the inside, but not the rear passengers doors, without either flipping the door locks or pressing the all unlock button. Not a major deal, I can live with this if its how its supposed to be, but the manual which is a bit confusimg suggestsa way that it can be turned off, by having the key in the On position and then holding the lock button down for 5 secs, which for me in my car doesnt seem to work and make any difference at all, equally the same procedure to turn off the auto locking at a certain speed doesnt work either. Am I doing something wrong ? Or is the manual wrong, or written for a different edition car

I would also like to find out more about this. The auto locking after 20mph is a good idea, but one would expect when you open the drivers door after your journey, that all other doors would unlock. Instead I go for the rear passenger door, and find it to remain locked lol.

Its an annoyance but not the end of the world, its the confusion of the manual which loosely suggets that it can be diabled and describes a procedure to do that (which doesnt seem to make any difference) that got my curiousity. Whether its not a reprogrammable function or it is ?? very confusing

I also have a 2.0d TR manual 2011 and had the same problem with the instructions in the hand book.

This worked for me

This may take a bit off arm manipulation.

With ignition turned off and all doors closed, press and hold down lock button.

Turn on the ignition within 10 seconds and keep the button pressed for at least 5 seconds.

Mark

I also have a 2.0d TR manual 2011 and had the same problem with the instructions in the hand book.

This worked for me

Turn on the ignition within 10 seconds and keep the button pressed for at least 5 seconds.

Mark

I've tried that... and it didnt work... I've kinda given up as no matter what I try, it doesnt seem to want to work.

Could it be that if you have a CVT box and a start/stop button as ignition the procedure is different?

This worked for me

Mark

Have you got an auto or manual ? Most of the instructions seem to be for auto in this case. "shift lever to N" etc

This worked for me

Mark

Have you got an auto or manual ? Most of the instructions seem to be for auto in this case. "shift lever to N" etc

I have a manual. My car as std was configured the same as yours. When pulling out the key, only the front doors unlocked. The others inc the tailgate needed another press of the remote.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links