Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2Zzge Engine Torque Damper Interest

waldo87

My brother bought an engine torque damper for his ek civic at japfest at weekend. I know noone makes them for the tsport. The company he purchased his from make sell the for the yaris & many hondas.

Was wondering if theres much interest on here 2approach them about making them for the tsports. The kits they sell now are priced about £65 if that will help people decide.

Let me know

Ollie

Yeah c-one did but it was about £170 so if we can get a cheaper one produced then more people will hopefully be interested

I'm in, defo need one for when you come off the throttle at high engine rpm

Aren't they supposed to make the car shake though?, cause your transfering the engine vibrations into the body. If the car is to be used as an everyday driver this would get tedious.

Yeh I'm intrested been thinking about trying to make one but if someone can sort it to be made that would be great!

Aren't they supposed to make the car shake though?, cause your transfering the engine vibrations into the body. If the car is to be used as an everyday driver this would get tedious.

No mate, total opposite, the hydraulics in the damper unit would absorb all the vibrations,

yep, Yaris Club contacted Tegiwa themselves, they had to get 10 definates, and a car to get one test fitted, in order to produce one.

The damper won't magically absorb vibrations though, it's to stop the engine moving, which does cause the chassis (and most noticably the dash) to rattle at idle, as you are connecting the two items.

Oh and they're not hydraulic:

IMG_0608.jpg

Not sure if there are fitment issues though, as all tsports and compressors have strut braces.

Mite just be a case of lifting the strut brace on one side & placing the bracket under & refixing

The C-one damper needed to be fitted with the C-one strut brace and cost about 400 quid in total.

I had a word with the yaris and Honda boys at jap fest and they are well impressed with them, but there IS an increase in dash vibration which is very noticeable on the yaris because of all the cubbyholes and compartments. It shouldn't be noticeable asmuch on the t sport.

I'm in!!

agreed i'm in, however the strut brace would then be uneven, if the bracket was under one side, surely you'd have to raise the opposite side equally?

also, doesn't look like much thread left on the strut top nuts to accomodate a bracket.

Take me off the list if they are not hydraulic,

they look like a simple cheap friction unit that will wear/fail and knock after a short while

My brother should be fitting his soon so will see what the result is

I noticed on a lot of the rolling road tests that the TS Engine rocks forward when it goes into lift due to the sudden 50hp it gets.

Presumably this stops it from doing that? :thumbsup: , sounds quite useful :)

the torque damper would be amazing, With the c-one your best option is to go with the brace.

Vibration wont be as bad form the torque damper and youll be able to live with it. The motor mounts from energy suspension are worse, One of the mounts sits at the back of the engine where the gearbox is hence alot of vibrations come through the cabin.

I can assure you though that the vibrations do calm down and you wont notice them after a while.

For the money they are great just a hassle to fit them!

Like I said from what I know of these you will get engine vibrations coming through the body.

Any little rattles ect would annoy me, but each to their own I suppose.

i need one of them for my turbo engine lol count me in for one :D

the vibrations you receive from ading this damper will be nothing compared to my c-one rear engine mount. whole dash shakes. i also resined the front mount, and the difference is very noticable, gear change feels alot sharper, and theres no sudden lift up on the front end due to acceleration/lift itself.

i'll give tegiwa an email soon and see about getting the wheels in motion. wanted to gauge whether it was worth approaching them before i did

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links