Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Head Unit

Dizzy_G

Hi just wondering if any knows will the steering wheel controls on an 06 avensis be compatible with a Pioneer FH-P80BT?

Thinking of swapping out the original head unit to get bluetooth and ipod connectivity.

If anyone has suggestions for another 2din head unit that might be suitable please feel free to offer, wa also looking at the Kenwood DPX504U but it needs a bluetooth unit which is an extra 100quid.

Any help appreciated.

I've just been looking for exactly the same thing - I've already got the pioneer head unit out of a previous car, so I'm just looking to get the adapter for the Avensis controls.

It looks like there are a couple of options:

If you want to go down the official route, then there's the snappily titled CA-R-PI.201, which sounds like it should do the trick.

Unfortunately, after a very quick search, the cheapest place I found was about £60: http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/shop/pioneer-steering-interfaces/toyota/pioneer-ca-r-pi-201-steering-474400.html.

Alternatively, for a cheaper approach, it sounds like a combination of the Connects2 CTSTY001 and CTPIONEERLEAD should work too:

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/mia/d/connects2+ctsty001+toyota+auris+corolla+rav4+avensis+stalk+adaptor/pid/7784535

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/mia/d/connects2+ctpioneerlead+pioneer+lead/pid/7780230

Again, I didn't look hard, but this was the cheapest I found. Quite a few places seem to sell them though.

Anyone using either of these, or something else?

• 11 months later...

Hi i have upgraded mine to a kenwood dpx404u but the problem is my sat nav is no longer working... can anyone help me on this?? it is a 06 avensis with integrated sat nav

Go for the Connects2 one...With that you can change to a different brand stereo without having to change the interface aswell...

And yes I'm using this one myself, hooked up to a brand new Clarion NX-502e :)

CTSTY-001 fits just about any Toyota....Except the 2012+ ones with Touch & Go system. (for those vehicles you need CTSTY-002.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links