Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Bulbs

sizzla538

ok so heres the thing, one of my bulbs just went, they were Halfords super brilliance laser blue. ok, they werent blue in the slightest, they werent very bright, and they lasted less than 6 months.

can anyone recomend me a good bulb thats a blue/white colour without going the HID route. love HIDs but cant be ubikd with the MOT hassle,

thanks

Osram night breakers are OK but IMHO none will give you anything near HID. I have them fitted to the Rolla and my Golf GTI and both have passed MOT with no problems

agree with the above - osram nightbreaker is the best non-hid bulb. i've never had trouble at mot with my hids...

If you solely want HID look then the only 2 bulbs on the market that can achieve the same color output are

Philips Diamond Vision

MTEC Cosmos Blue

No other standard halogen bulbs can touch those to for a whitish/blue color.

cheers for the replies lads, funny you should say that farhan as i ordered cosmos blue shortly after making this thread and now i have them fitted. very very happy with the results! the blueness is perfect and exactly what i wanted.

not that bright tbh. no where near as bright as the extreme brilliance blue ones i had from Halfords. but they still give out enough light. and the colour is perfect, not as blue as 8k obviously but they are more than blue enough for me.

they beat the blueness of white LEDs and not a hint of yellow. alot subtler than HIDs which is what i wanted.

would recomend to anyone for a great colour and a unbelievable price. cant say anything about the durability as only had them in a day lol. but even if they only last 6 months the price is right.

cheers for the replies lads, funny you should say that farhan as i ordered cosmos blue shortly after making this thread and now i have them fitted. very very happy with the results! the blueness is perfect and exactly what i wanted.

not that bright tbh. no where near as bright as the extreme brilliance blue ones i had from halfords. but they still give out enough light. and the colour is perfect, not as blue as 8k obviously but they are more than blue enough for me.

they beat the blueness of white LEDs and not a hint of yellow. alot subtler than HIDs which is what i wanted.

would recomend to anyone for a great colour and a unbelievable price. cant say anything about the durability as only had them in a day lol. but even if they only last 6 months the price is right.

Before I got my HIDs I had a set of these "fake hid" bulbs, the light colour and everything was really nice but there was nowhere near enough light on the road to drive safely with compared to 1) a set of HIDs and 2) normal "yellow" headlight bulbs..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links