Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car/faster Corolla

georgetaper

i was thinking about splashing some cash on a nice new car. a mazda 6 mps. but then i got thinking... what else could i do with 7k. well i have a corolla t sport 52 and i was wondering how bad ***** i could make it for 7k.

i mean the car is more reliable than any other car i know about and i love it!

these are the things i want:

new paint, and body parts fitted (which i already have) so that takes 1500 off ish

White lights £200?

i already have compressor wheels which i love and tein basics

if you had 5300 to spend on a corolla t sport. what would you spend it on? i sorta wanna keep it N/A but i do love power. i need a shopping list to work from. im literally gonna be buying this stuff next month.

also what do you think about a deep metallic dark purple with a carbon bonnet with compressor wheels sprayed black

Don't go for a mazda 6 mps they are a nightmare to sell on......no one wants them, not even main dealers!!!

You could have a proper shopping list there fella ;)

If you have cloth interior how about a leather/ alcantara trim throughout

Like the idea of the paintwork but maybe with white alloys??

Front strut, rear strut and ARB

Induction kit, my god I am going to have to stop otherwise this is going to cost me money too

could do the white. i wish they had an alloy wheel shop like a shoe shop. try them on and go for a walk kinda deal.

the main complaint i have with my t sport is that im not happy with the handling. i mean i tried putting coilovers on it but i feel like im about to die when i try to throw it round like my mk2 gti i had. first thing i need to do is sort the handling out.

i also cant seem to find a carbon bonnet anywhere

Well handling can be improved with struts and arb's maybe some poly bushes as well.

as far as the carbon bonnet somebody on here found one the other day but the beer is now affecting my perfect re-call

If I were you, I'd sell your TSport and you'd then have a total of 9K, use that to buy a facelift Tsport or Compressor for the base before you start modifying. 7K is a hell of a lot to spend on a car worth 2-3K.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my compressor and indeed Corollas/Toyotas. But I also love all jap performance metal. Now at this point if I were in your boots and I had 7k to spend plus if you sell your t sport the value of that then I would consider what I want. You state that you want power and handling. If this is the case for that kind of money you could be looking at a very decent EVO, 4 wheel drive and enough power to satisfy most - I've worked on a few of these and they are like nothing else. Hot hatch wise your knocking on the door of a compressor as previously mentioned.

From a modifying point of view I would maybe look at an engine transplant from a gt4 celica just like fensport did - 7k should get you some boosted goodness. Handling wise - depends how far you want to go but to see any major difference from your coilies your looking at a mass of strengthening and lightening measures - possibly even a cage. You really can only go as far as the chasis will allow. N/A wise your stock motor would be well worked for the money you have but your just going to end up with peaky delivery and a car more based at attacking tracks than a nice country road.

its already been said but THROTTLE BODDIEESSS :D wooo that be good on a rolla lol . or blitz super charger kit they sound awsume. 5grand can get you alot but to make a good N/A alot of money really dosnt take you to crazy power. high lift cams, valve springs, head work, high compressiong ratios lighter flywheels, ecu chip, diffrent inlet manifold.. even all that your still only gonna push roughly 260 if if that and right there is a good couple grands worth if not more your better to feeeell the booost :D

Shame Blitz no longer make the supercharger kit :rolleyes:

I love my CTS but if i had that sort of cash to spend i wouldn't be ploughing it all into a pre-facelift CTS.

A £7k investment isn't going to be worth anywhere near that should you try to sell it on in the future.

Use the £7k to buy something bonkers for a weekend toy :thumbsup:

Look on monkey wrench racing website

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links