Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any One Seen The Ft-86

b1gpkr001

Hey just wondered if any one has seen the ft-86 yet took a look on the Internet. Really like it especially if it does get made with the turbo charged boxer engine.

Have to save up for when it comes out in the uk.

It's a gorgeous design however I can't get passed my wish that Toyota would make an exact replica of the AE86 but with modern materials. Old-Skool kicks and looks with modern strength and reliability. That said AE92's appear to be more reliable than more modern cars :lol:

KP

Really looking forward to it, but a bit concerned with the engine choice. I've heard it'll be a highly strung NA around 200bhp, which IMO is just not enough to compete with the silly powerful hot hatches of the moment. Hopefully they'll be FI and remappable, then I'll be all over one!

They may produce a turbo version so should be all good

is the ft-86 not the car that is featured in the picture at the very top of this page?

I read somewhere there will be two options the 2ltr Na and a 2ltr turbo can't remember where I read it. Why do you say they won't make a turbo?

It's the ft-86 g sport that has a turbo

well with current emmissions reg's surely they will use a turbo on atleast 1 model, especially seeing as though 200bhp doesn't even grant bragging rights in this day and age.

unless they want a high revving nasp car that doesnt have much else in its bracket to contend with

Could well be seeing one in british motorsport soon if my spider-senses are correct....should be good to see if that is the case.

Subaru version is boosted, Toyota's isnt from what I know, what will actually happen? Who knows, even after all this time nothing is set in stone and they are still a while off. Really looking forward to them though, just hope they dont dissapoint like Honda's epic fail the CR-Z

Surly subaru can't make the same car with a different engine and put a Subaru Badge on it.

Know subaru made the engines but still!