Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Car Audio

Norfolk n Chance

Yes i know it's been covered before :rolleyes:

But all the other threads get far too technical! :lol:

Basically i have 1 dead tweeter and want to know what to do about replacing it.

Mr T will probably want a fortune to replace it!

Is it worth just replacing the tweeter or, cost wise, do i just get a set of components and upgrade the door Speakers at the same time?

In plain English... what size Speakers do i need? Or even better anybody got any links to some that i can install without having to fabricate mounting panels??

I'll add as well that, as i'm from Yorkshire, i don't want to be spending a fortune on doing this :lol:

EDIT : Just thought, do other Corolla's have the same tweeters?? Pretty sure i could find one in a scrapyard if they do!

front Speakers are 6.5", tweeter draws its signal from the speaker so you could just go to a scrappy and get one to put in but if your going to go through the hassle of replacing the tweeter you may aswell do the lot. Not seen any mounting plates but you can cut the standard speaker from its mount and put a new one in its place :)

Hello mate. Last weekend I fitted. Well. Leo1986 fitted some of these: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=723485&categoryId=165707&langId=-1

I would have made a nice link but I'm on my phone. I think the hardest part was removing the rivets holding the originals in. The fit wasn't great but managed to fit 2 screws in and some padding around the rest to stop rattling. Then the tweeters were very easy to fit. The wiring was pretty easy as well. Just used sone bullet connectors.

I mounted my components to my original bracket thingy ,like mr p said 6.5" is the side n it will clear the glass ,google the components in my sig they are quite cheap now and the quality is amazing

sorry to hack your thread matey...but does anyone know if i can fit tweeters into my Facelift SR hatchback??? I have a plain black blanking cover...i removed the inner door panel one time and i remember seeing a white connector block with 2 wires attacthed to it but some distance away from the tweeter mount area...could this be for the tweeters??? If so im defo hitting the scrapyards. Cheers. :help:

I think ive got the original tweeters around somewhere if you want a drive out to collect them?

Hello mate. Last weekend I fitted. Well. Leo1986 fitted some of these: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=723485&categoryId=165707&langId=-1

I would have made a nice link but I'm on my phone. I think the hardest part was removing the rivets holding the originals in. The fit wasn't great but managed to fit 2 screws in and some padding around the rest to stop rattling. Then the tweeters were very easy to fit. The wiring was pretty easy as well. Just used sone bullet connectors.

Ive got the same Speakers as these. i made my own mounting bracket from some MDF, it was almost a triangle shape with a hole cut in the middle, this allowed me to secure the speaker in place with 4 screws and the mounting bracket in place with 4 bolts

I think ive got the original tweeters around somewhere if you want a drive out to collect them?

Ive got the same Speakers as these. i made my own mounting bracket from some MDF, it was almost a triangle shape with a hole cut in the middle, this allowed me to secure the speaker in place with 4 screws and the mounting bracket in place with 4 bolts

have you got a standard h/u? or anything else. I can tell the difference, but not massively, mine are hooked up to a standard sat nav h/u.

cant wait to get me a decent one!!

have you got a standard h/u? or anything else. I can tell the difference, but not massively, mine are hooked up to a standard sat nav h/u.

cant wait to get me a decent one!!

No, its an after market pioneer head unit, was about £250 3 or 4 years ago and a fli sub in the boot. changing the head unit makes so much difference. its worth spending the money to get a decent one as when you get a new car you can just swap it over

Cheers for the offer mate, i'll bear that in mind :thumbsup:

Still can't decide whether to just upgrade everything or not :lol:

sorry to hack your thread matey...but does anyone know if i can fit tweeters into my Facelift SR hatchback??? I have a plain black blanking cover...i removed the inner door panel one time and i remember seeing a white connector block with 2 wires attacthed to it but some distance away from the tweeter mount area...could this be for the tweeters??? If so im defo hitting the scrapyards. Cheers. :help:

Sam you should have tweeters in the SR spec. Certainly I have them.

Sam you should have tweeters in the SR spec. Certainly I have them.

Trust me mate i dont...saying that i've seen quite a few SR's that dont have tweets installed...makes me sour everytime as the Sr brochures boast about a 6 speaker system...yeah right!

sorry to hack your thread matey...but does anyone know if i can fit tweeters into my Facelift SR hatchback??? I have a plain black blanking cover...i removed the inner door panel one time and i remember seeing a white connector block with 2 wires attacthed to it but some distance away from the tweeter mount area...could this be for the tweeters??? If so im defo hitting the scrapyards.

Hey,

On my CC that white connector block at towards the top / wing mirror side of the door is the tweeter connection.

You just need to run a twin cable up to the tweeters.

My wing mirror inside cover was just plain, but proper tweeter ones are about £20 - I just carefully drilled mine out and glued them in - looks perfect.

One thing I'm not sure about, think your earlier posts said you fitted front Speakers with inbuilt tweetesr - yes ? not sure how fitting extra tweeter will affect things, also you may need to fit a cross-over unit to get the full effect, my new fronts / tweeters can with them.

sorry to hack your thread matey...but does anyone know if i can fit tweeters into my Facelift SR hatchback??? I have a plain black blanking cover...i removed the inner door panel one time and i remember seeing a white connector block with 2 wires attacthed to it but some distance away from the tweeter mount area...could this be for the tweeters??? If so im defo hitting the scrapyards.

Hey,

On my CC that white connector block at towards the top / wing mirror side of the door is the tweeter connection.

You just need to run a twin cable up to the tweeters.

My wing mirror inside cover was just plain, but proper tweeter ones are about £20 - I just carefully drilled mine out and glued them in - looks perfect.

One thing I'm not sure about, think your earlier posts said you fitted front Speakers with inbuilt tweetesr - yes ? not sure how fitting extra tweeter will affect things, also you may need to fit a cross-over unit to get the full effect, my new fronts / tweeters can with them.

Oldcodger

Also out of interest would love to see your tweets conversion...clever idea using the existing blanking plates!

Hope all is well mate.

SAmmy

Your right my post has just simply vanished...maybe its a sign...lol! :(

Out of interest what were you saying?

Also out of interest would love to see your tweets conversion...clever idea using the existing blanking plates!

Hope all is well mate.

SAmmy

Hey,

A pic of my tweeter - part of a Pioneer set of fronts - in reality you hardly see it as those corner areas are dark relative to everything else.

Finding a matching large drill bit can be a bit of a problem, I used a 34mm one, the type used to drill the mounting holes for the older kitchen cupboard door hinges and secured it with a bit of hot glue.

Really pleased with the fitmment and sound.

post-95973-0-09141400-1307120849_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links