Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Rebuild Or Replace!

RAVCLAN

Hello Everyone,

I posted a while ago regarding my slightly dripping water pump and driveshaft after Toyota Dealership had rebuilt my engine on a car that was only just 2.5 years old at the time. The rebuild was approx 6 months ago, I had the water pump replaced etc and was still loosing water out of the header tank overflow pipe before and after replacement pump, however they said that water loss was down to the pump leaking only, even though the car smelt of antifreeze and had splattered pink fluid everywhere out the overflow end!and pump was only slightly weeping.

So...leak fixed and back it went for head test and oh yes.....the rebuilt head/engine has failed, however apparently they are not sure if it is the block or the head now????they did state that they had obviously 'missed' something the first time such as a crack or warping?

RAV-LESS! and at a loss what to do/insist/suggest next?

Dealership have said that it will definatley entail a new head OR bolock OR pehaphs both? I feel that I have an engine that should be replaced now? Have been very patient through all this including when have had eyes rolled and tutted at at Dealership as though I am imagining that i am loosing water and I have been told every excuse as to why it must be my fault or something doing/not doing etc.

Please can anyone help me to resolve this so i can just get back to driving a reliable, happy Rav ?

Thanks everyone.

Hiya mate. This to me is a tricky one. If you could push for a total rebuild then I would. I've had 2 "New engines" on my Avensis T-180 due to the head gasket issue. Have you maybe thought about going to a different dealer?

Make sure you have things in writing to confirm the problems you are having. eg write to them listing the faults and hassle - just in case you need to take it further at some future point.

Thank you, yes, in writing seems a good idea. Just find the Dealerships attitude horrible, and rude they were supposed to phone me today to confirm when the work was going to start and instead I had to ring them several time and was talked to appalingly when I asked for a courtesy car.

I am at a loss at what to do, these people have my pride a joy and are treating me this way-doesnt fill me with confiedence about my car!!!!

Any other helpful suggestions.......????? appreciate any input.

Thank you, yes, in writing seems a good idea. Just find the Dealerships attitude horrible, and rude they were supposed to phone me today to confirm when the work was going to start and instead I had to ring them several time and was talked to appalingly when I asked for a courtesy car.

I am at a loss at what to do, these people have my pride a joy and are treating me this way-doesnt fill me with confiedence about my car!!!!

Any other helpful suggestions.......????? appreciate any input.

Any self respecting meerkat on the telly has an answer to that one, Ravclan.....go give the work to another dealer. They are about to be paid well by Toyota to fix this admitted to fault, and in times of recession, nice big juicy jobs like this must be a Godsend to our struggling dealers...aye, right....

Not Difficult,

Big Kev :thumbsup: