Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oxy Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1

sibbs

iam getting a fault code of oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1 heater circuit (po155) anyone had this and found a soloution thanks

I've had this fault before. I replaced the passenger side Oxygen Sensor, and that cured the problem for me.

I know some people on here have had to replace both in the past to cure it, but my one has been fine since I replaced it about 7 months ago.

By the way, don't waste your money on a cheap one, as my experience doing this is they might not last very long. I opted for a Denso this time, as I think they may be original fit anyway.

Good luck.

A fault code at an oxygen sensor doesn't necessarily mean it in itself is faulty. A mis-fueling problem will also cause this code to arise.

I have lost count of the number of mechanics I have seen replacing oxygen sensors only to discover the fault lay eleswhere.

There is a way of electrically testing oxygen sensors. Do a search of this forum for testing or do a google for testing toyota o2 sensor.

I've had this fault before. I replaced the passenger side Oxygen Sensor, and that cured the problem for me.

I know some people on here have had to replace both in the past to cure it, but my one has been fine since I replaced it about 7 months ago.

By the way, don't waste your money on a cheap one, as my experience doing this is they might not last very long. I opted for a Denso this time, as I think they may be original fit anyway.

Good luck.

ah thanks was it deffinatley the passenger side as i thought that bank 1 sensor 2 was drivers side thanks again for your reply in advance

A fault code at an oxygen sensor doesn't necessarily mean it in itself is faulty. A mis-fueling problem will also cause this code to arise.

I have lost count of the number of mechanics I have seen replacing oxygen sensors only to discover the fault lay eleswhere.

There is a way of electrically testing oxygen sensors. Do a search of this forum for testing or do a google for testing toyota o2 sensor.

ok thanks i will look into that also

To locate and test oxygen sensors on the 1ZZ-FE (1.8 VVT-i) :

very helpfull many thanks

Good luck.

ah thanks was it deffinatley the passenger side as i thought that bank 1 sensor 2 was drivers side thanks again for your reply in advance

You said previously it was Bank 2 Sensor 1 (P0155) that you had as the fault with. On my 1.8 Vermont it was definitely the passenger side one. It has a blue tag on the wire, and is the easier of the two sensors to replace :thumbsup:

Good luck.

You said previously it was Bank 2 Sensor 1 (P0155) that you had as the fault with. On my 1.8 Vermont it was definitely the passenger side one. It has a blue tag on the wire, and is the easier of the two sensors to replace :thumbsup:

great thanks i have a second hand lamba on way from eBay for 25 quid so fingers crossed theat engine light will soon be out

Good luck with that Sibbs. I don't think I'd have as much faith in a second hand sensor as you're displaying, but I do hope you've got yourself a working one there. I know it's second hand, but is it a used sensor?

They don't last forever, and I've read elsewhere that you can expect to replace them every 65 to 70k. My Avensis had done 50k when the sensor failed, and my other car was on about 70K when that had the same problem a few months earlier.

Don't forget, you'll need to clear the fault from the system before the warning light will go off.

Good luck with that Sibbs. I don't think I'd have as much faith in a second hand sensor as you're displaying, but I do hope you've got yourself a working one there. I know it's second hand, but is it a used sensor?

They don't last forever, and I've read elsewhere that you can expect to replace them every 65 to 70k. My Avensis had done 50k when the sensor failed, and my other car was on about 70K when that had the same problem a few months earlier.

Don't forget, you'll need to clear the fault from the system before the warning light will go off.

thats fine thanks yeah and its coming from a scrapyard and they say it is tested and will work fine and if it doesnt i can return it and they will send me a new one, i no in an ideal world i would go and buy the brand new one, but i just hate spending more than i need to i always service my own cars not a mechanic just very practical always open to advice many thanks

The o2 sensor is a very common fault on the vvti's. I had the exact same fault on the same sensor a few months ago. Make you get a proper O2 sensor socket to remove it, only cost a few quid though.

You can test your sensor by running a multimeter across the two black wires on the plug, it should be about 12 ohms I think, mine had an open circuit. It's the heater circuit that's failed rather than the sensor itself.

It depends on which fault code, this one, regarding heat circuit, is measured by resistance. The resistant of this circuit is independent of faulty combustion. But the "sensor circuit" which under normal conditions (engine idle) will show a voltage wave form range between(I'm not sure that i remember correct values :!Removed!: ) 0,2 to 1 volt will probably render in fault code, but not this specific code...

So you should measure the sensors heat circuit, before you buy a new one, to determine if it's broken or short.

But like one says, it's not unusual with failing oxygen sensors, especially these fitted very close to the outlet of the combustion chamber... they are exposed to extreme heat.

/Mackan100

former Toyota-technician Toyota news and reviews

The o2 sensor is a very common fault on the vvti's. I had the exact same fault on the same sensor a few months ago. Make you get a proper O2 sensor socket to remove it, only cost a few quid though.

You can test your sensor by running a multimeter across the two black wires on the plug, it should be about 12 ohms I think, mine had an open circuit. It's the heater circuit that's failed rather than the sensor itself.

good advice thanks

good advice thanks

fantastic advice from some of you i got a new o2 sensor 25 quid measured the resistance it was fine got the proper socket to fit them changed them over in 5 minutes and no more engine light hoorraayyy thanks all

It is a great page I found here. I got the same problem with my Avensis Verso, at least I think so. The DTC error code I got was P1155 and I was told it was O2-sensor heater circuit erro (bank 2 sensor 1).

My question is following, if it is something wrong with the heater circuit, not the sensor itself, what should do to solve the problem. I have not tested it with a ohmmeter yet, but I am going to do it later on today.

Thanks in advance.

you have to replace the sensor as the heater circuit is built within the sensor dont panic it took me 5 minutes to change mine, definately test it to make sure which one it is, (test) with the ohm meter, not the voltage test as mine was fine on the voltage test but offered no resistance on the ohm test thats how i knew it was knackered. very easy to do and only takes 2 minutes over the gas stove in the kitchen

you have to replace the sensor as the heater circuit is built within the sensor dont panic it took me 5 minutes to change mine, definately test it to make sure which one it is, (test) with the ohm meter, not the voltage test as mine was fine on the voltage test but offered no resistance on the ohm test thats how i knew it was knackered. very easy to do and only takes 2 minutes over the gas stove in the kitchen

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. Nice to know that it is not difficult to replace it, the Toyota garage here want charge me about 100£ for the work (besides the price of the sensor).

so they want around 220 pounds for 5 minutes work hhmmnn i bet they are doing well for them selves. if you do do it yourself just send me a message ive only done one iam no expert but it was no harder than changing a spark plug

• 4 years later...

Anyone who knows how to loop the OXYGEN sensor 2 from 1zz fe ECU pinout to the Sensor without using Dashboard or Floor carpet Harness thanks. or the if you know the Pin out diagram for the sensor to ECU let me know thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links