Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

40K Service On A T180

mcroy313

you cant rotate the tyres on a rav 4 t180 due to the tyre pressure sensors..

Nonsense. I rotated mine without any problems and the sensors and warning system still worked as they should.

If there's a flat, then you get a warning message. But it doesn't tell you which tyre is flat - it's just one general warning - so it doesn't matter what corner a tyre sensor is on, you'll be warned and then you need to get out and visually check them or put a gauge on a tyre to find the depressurised one.

If Mr T is doing the repair, he will want to know what sensor is supposed to be registered with each corner - but it still doesn't matter because the swings-and-roundabouts of it all (try explaining that to Igoramus :thumbsup: ) is that it's a general warning system and not sophisticated enough to specify the actual deflated tyre.

oh yes it is!!! not on your dash but to a toyota tec with the tester plugged in to the computer it tells you the exact pressure of each tyre...each tps has a code and these codes are matched to each corner so you move the tyres about you move the codes then when the computer looks for that code on that corner it cant find it.....also if it doesnt show a fault lets say 1=o/s/f 2=o/s/r 3=n/s/r 4=n/s/f so you move your tyres now no light comes on you drive for 6 months then you get a faulty sensor computer shows fault with o/s/f tps we replace that sensor oh i hear you say the lights still on thats because the o/s/f tps has been moved oh well thats £200 you wont see again!!

i'll post up tec sheets like i had to do last time....

I've seen the tech sheets.

It only matters to a Toyota tech if there's a sensor problem. And the easy thing to do is paint on the inside of the wheels where they were originally arranged, before rotating them.

But it doesn't stop you rotating your wheels without any problems. You'll still get a warning if it deflates, and then you go out and check visually/ with a gauge.

Good point(s) Marsky, oh driver of expensive Bavarian motors. My big strong nephew will be rotating mine at t'weekend...ta. You will hear from me in 2011 re recommendations for normal tyres......

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Good point(s) Marsky, oh driver of expensive Bavarian motors. My big strong nephew will be rotating mine at t'weekend...ta. You will hear from me in 2011 re recommendations for normal tyres......

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Actually - my ex-demonstrator BMW (bought at 7000 miles) was cheaper than when I bought my ex-demonstrator RAV4 T180 (bought at about 6000 miles). It doesn't have 4WD obviously (although apparently there is a 4WD 5 series somewhere), and I really miss keyless entry and start. Otherwise, not reall missing the RAV :unsure:

Regarding tyres:

1. My RAV4 T180 had OEM tyres, then I put on winter tyres which softened the ride. My BMW has 245/40/R18 run-flats on M-sport stiffened suspension, but even so, it rides more comfortably than the RAV on winter tyres.

2. myTyres are now doing packages of winter tyres fitted on various styles of alloys (steel wheels are still available too). Seemed to be a very good price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links