Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Opening Restriction

mystic

Hey guys, the door opening restriction is just a pain on my rav and i'm in need of sorting it out. I understand it's some some of "safety feature" to allow the tail light too be seen, but its not really helpful when trying to get anything larger than a can a beans in the trunk.

Is there any replacement bracket or something that will allow the door to open fully?

Cheers

Hey guys, the door opening restriction is just a pain on my rav and i'm in need of sorting it out. I understand it's some some of "safety feature" to allow the tail light too be seen, but its not really helpful when trying to get anything larger than a can a beans in the trunk.

Is there any replacement bracket or something that will allow the door to open fully?

Cheers

You need an extended 'Check strap'. Kingo will quote you a price and there is a fitting guide by Anchorman in the Technical hints and tips section :thumbsup:

Cheers

You need an extended 'Check strap'. Kingo will quote you a price and there is a fitting guide by Anchorman in the Technical hints and tips section :thumbsup:

Is this still a model feature on the UK RAVs?

I'd never noticed mine opening less than 90 degrees until I read Anchs write up a couple of weeks back and sure enough it does open fully - although, we have the door hinged on the same side (UK drivers side) so our "offside" tail lights would be visible at night.

You got the better deal though, it's a right PITA when you're parked kerbside and want to put stuff in the back, even worse when the bloke behind is a foot away from your bumper :(

Oh well at least we still get a spare wheel on the back door :)

Lee

It only applied to models with the spare wheel on the back dor Lee.

get the part from kingo, I did, very good price and about 5 mins to fit and now my door opens properly :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links