Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting Problems Avensis 1999

raphaell

hi guys have a problem with my starter motor i have a 1999 avensis 1.8 gs and when i tur the ignition on it looks like the solenoid is gonne as it keeps turning but no contact with the engine so i took it out and took it to an electrician to repair it for my surprise got there he tried it on theyr bench and it worked fine nothing wrong with it so put it back on now i turn the ignition and remove the hey and the solenoid just keeps going for about 1 minut how do i check if the starter is getting eneught current as the electrician said that i might not getting eneught current going to the starter hoppe u guys can help me out thanks

Run a jump lead form a metal part of the engine in case the engine earth connection has gone belly up.

Make sure the Battery is fully charged - then get it load tested. If all is OK in that respect check if voltage is getting to the exciter wire to the starter solenoid when the key is turned to the start position.

right no energy going on the blade wire so can only put it to 2 things wich will be ignition switch or the wire itself broken .

now dont even get a click from the starter gonna check the wire first thing tomorrow and if that its ok can only be the ignition switch worndown .

thatnks for ur reply jamesbelfast

just to inform someone interested to sorrt it out for today i run 1 losse wire coneected to the blade and when i want to star the car i put turn on the ignition and make contact on the positive terminal of the batery

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links