Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Your Experience

88johnny

Hi Folks,

Can the replacement of a DMF, be a catalyst in bringing on a problem which has been underlying.

Toyota Rav4.2 2004,74k.

On Friday i had my DMF replaced took the car out for a long run yday everything fine running great, until today, the cars stuttering losing power, stalling, warning light coming on, then after 5minutes switched off, the light goes out etc all the symptoms of a SCV failure as widely discussed on here.

Now, i am no great shakes when it comes to engines,pretty pathetic actually, but can a repair to the DMF bring on the failure of the SCV in some way?

I was experiencing a little stuttering prior to the DMF failure but nothing much to worry about , no cutting out or warning lights at all.

Or is it something more sinister.

ps It is going back to the garage tomorrow first thing, but im just putting it out there as you folks have a wealth of experience.

Anchs,

Thanks, i thought you were just ignoring me lol, ive pmd Kingo will wait and see what garage says but im fairly convinced its SCV thats the problem, just surprised that it came on so sudden.

Whats SCV ???

Suction control valve Charlie - regulates pressure of fuel to the pump.

This is an excellent presentation on common rail diesel workings:

Cheers Mate I will save that and have a read when time allows !! Is the SCV an expensive part to renew then ?? I've had loads of Common rail Diesel engines and never really understood what goes on.. When I was in business I used to run a fleet (Small) of TDCI Fords and used to trade them at just under 3 Years old so have never to puy My hand in the pocket for repairs !!

Never heard of one going on a 4.3 Charlie (1 on a 4.3 and 2 on a 4.2).

On a common rail, fuel is pumped at very high pressure to a reservoir (common rail) that is open to all 4 injectors. The computer tell the injectors how much of the high pressure fuel to inject into the engine - they are just metering devices. Because the fuel is under such high pressure (about 25,000 psi) the fuel is virtually turned into gas which improves combustion.

Kingo knocks a pair out for a 4.2 for about £225 delivered to your door.

Whats SCV ???

Excellent Davrav! Wonder if it would be OK to pin it in the information section at the top of the forum, alongside the DMF explanation?

Whats SCV ???

Excellent Davrav! Wonder if it would be OK to pin it in the information section at the top of the forum, alongside the DMF explanation?

The file is bigger than 2Mb so I could only extract it and pin it in a post. I'll look when I get chance!