Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The First Few Months Of Rav Ownership

CharlieFarlie

Well Guys I've put the Rav through its paces over the last few months !!Have to admit I really enjoy the car.. It was bought originally as a tow vehicle and a shopping trolley... And as a second Vehicle to My much loved Jaguar XFS.

Nothing has gone wrong with it and it gives the impression that its well built and made to last and take some real stick..

Economy is not fantastic especially round town but pretty good on the motorway as long as restraint is reasonable ! I hope this can be improved when I get the box of tricks fitted to boost power and improve economy a little !! My 2009 XFS drinks far less fuel and that's a twin Turbo 3.0 V6 !!

Car has decent space and the seats and general comfort are much better than I had hoped for and expected... Road noise is very good for a car on big tyres like this and motorway cruising is very relaxed..

As a tow car its awesome. Ive towed Jetskis up slippery slipways and a four wheel Ifor trailer loaded with scaffold with no problems at all ....

You have posted this topic 3 times!

I have deleted the duplicates

Glad to hear that the RAV fits the bill,Charlie.Also glad to hear that the RAV is a good towing vehicle,as I have just purchased a 2 berth caravan & in the process of getting a towbar fitted.So if any forum members are in the vicinity of Shropshire over the next 6 weeks,keep your eyes peeled for a Yew Green T180 c/w uncontrolled caravan behind.

Well Guys I've put the Rav through its paces over the last few months !!Have to admit I really enjoy the car.. It was bought originally as a tow vehicle and a shopping trolley... And as a second Vehicle to My much loved Jaguar XFS.

Nothing has gone wrong with it and it gives the impression that its well built and made to last and take some real stick..

Economy is not fantastic especially round town but pretty good on the motorway as long as restraint is reasonable ! I hope this can be improved when I get the box of tricks fitted to boost power and improve economy a little !! My 2009 XFS drinks far less fuel and that's a twin Turbo 3.0 V6 !!

Car has decent space and the seats and general comfort are much better than I had hoped for and expected... Road noise is very good for a car on big tyres like this and motorway cruising is very relaxed..

As a tow car its awesome. Ive towed Jetskis up slippery slipways and a four wheel Ifor trailer loaded with scaffold with no problems at all ....

Had a funny feeling ye would mellow towards it, Charlie. Mine in for 20k service ramorra, so will be well ready for your test drive of Kingo Chippo Kitto. Also agree re the motorway cruising and road noise, which has friends very pleasantly surprised.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Had a funny feeling ye would mellow towards it, Charlie. Mine in for 20k service ramorra, so will be well ready for your test drive of Kingo Chippo Kitto. Also agree re the motorway cruising and road noise, which has friends very pleasantly surprised.

Nice on Kev !! I'm still down south and will be here for another 6 weeks .... Your right Mate I do like the car. So much in fact I'm considering buying a top spec new one.... Only if I can get one with a sunroof. I'm told this is not possible by My neighbour You know the one who has a brand new one.. We shall see though.

Charlie - where are you working at the moment mate?

If you are any where near Chester/North Wales border you are more than welcome to come for a blast in my chipped beast.

Mate I'm right in the central Midlands at Worcester.. Big Kev has kindly offered Me a shot in His car when I return Home in 5 weeks time but thanks Mate for the kind offer !!

If Im honest its not performance I'm after I have the XF for that. Its to get the best economy plus drive ability from the Rav...

I am considering a new Rav in top spec as I said above so hopefully any additions like the Tuning box can be taken from the present car to the new one if I do end up with one.. I cannot get it out of My thick head that the engine in My 06 car is fragile so a new one will get that out of the way and give Us a car that I will be confident in for several Years at least.. My Wife has really taken to the Rav and Her only minor niggle is that Our present car is not an automatic... We shall see ..

As above. My Neighbour who has a top spec Rav assures Me that a sunroof is no longer an option which is a shame if He is correct !! The last two Years have been the only ones that We have not had a convertible of some sort in among Our cars and the Rav with its sunroof seems to go some way to bridging that gap !! If Norrie is right and no sunroof is possible the We will reluctantly look elsewhere..

This really would be a shame as the Rav is ticking all the boxes at the moment !! There are Faster cars. More luxurious cars, More economical cars. ect ect but the Rav as an all rounder is just brilliant plus The Wife likes it and that matters !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mate I'm right in the central Midlands at Worcester.. Big Kev has kindly offered Me a shot in His car when I return Home in 5 weeks time but thanks Mate for the kind offer !!

If Im honest its not performance I'm after I have the XF for that. Its to get the best economy plus drive ability from the Rav...

I am considering a new Rav in top spec as I said above so hopefully any additions like the Tuning box can be taken from the present car to the new one if I do end up with one.. I cannot get it out of My thick head that the engine in My 06 car is fragile so a new one will get that out of the way and give Us a car that I will be confident in for several Years at least.. My Wife has really taken to the Rav and Her only minor niggle is that Our present car is not an automatic... We shall see ..

As above. My Neighbour who has a top spec Rav assures Me that a sunroof is no longer an option which is a shame if He is correct !! The last two Years have been the only ones that We have not had a convertible of some sort in among Our cars and the Rav with its sunroof seems to go some way to bridging that gap !! If Norrie is right and no sunroof is possible the We will reluctantly look elsewhere..

This really would be a shame as the Rav is ticking all the boxes at the moment !! There are Faster cars. More luxurious cars, More economical cars. ect ect but the Rav as an all rounder is just brilliant plus The Wife likes it and that matters !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Charlie,

I think the last RAV to have a sunroof was the 2009 XT5. When the model range was reduced the higher spec versions ( other than the T/SR180 )were the ones that went. I seem to remember that the RAV4.3 is due for replacement in mid 2012 so it might be worth hanging on till then. The new version will almost certainly be more economical than the current one and it should be better in other areas as well. Just a thought :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Chris !! I wont be buying another Rav if the sunroof is not an option.. I will wait a while and check out late Year to see whats on the cards .. Thanks

Charlie.

Thanks for that Chris !! I wont be buying another Rav if the sunroof is not an option.. I will wait a while and check out late Year to see whats on the cards .. Thanks

Charlie.

Charlie - Have you forgotten you live in Scotland? You'll only open the roof 3 times a year :lol:

Charlie.

Charlie - Have you forgotten you live in Scotland? You'll only open the roof 3 times a year :lol:

Mate Our house in Scotland went on the market 2 weeks ago .... I took early retirement at 52 and I'm bored to tears ..So I intend to move back to the Midlands where I originate from and return to work on a consultancy / part time basis. But Mate its all a falicy that all it does is rain in Scotland it really is no different from the Midlands in fact I would say its drier !! honest !!

Charlie.

Mate Our house in Scotland went on the market 2 weeks ago .... I took early retirement at 52 and I'm bored to tears ..So I intend to move back to the Midlands where I originate from and return to work on a consultancy / part time basis. But Mate its all a falicy that all it does is rain in Scotland it really is no different from the Midlands in fact I would say its drier !! honest !!

I rest my case :lol:

Charlie.

Hi Charlie

Don't take any notice of Bothy and Big Kev telling you that you need a sunroof so that you can stick your caber through it ;)

Charlie.

Hi Charlie

Don't take any notice of Bothy and Big Kev telling you that you need a sunroof so that you can stick your caber through it ;)

Funnily enough, Chris, I only open mine to keep it moving / self lubricated, hopefully, coz if it jams, I can imagine the bill to fixerise. Anyway, they are too blasted noisy when open and moving....great for letting heat out and that's aboot it.

Kev

When polishing the roof, always open said sunroof and polish the paint inside the frame. It stops it sticking :thumbsup:

Kev

When polishing the roof, always open said sunroof and polish the paint inside the frame. It stops it sticking :thumbsup:

As we say up here...."tinned pigeon"....canned doo. Ah can see all the confused faces.....

Big Kev :lol:

Makes you wonder why the sunroof option was dropped from the Rav4 range. It is still the same body shape, only the trim versions were altered.

Regards Clare

Makes you wonder why the sunroof option was dropped from the Rav4 range. It is still the same body shape, only the trim versions were altered.

Regards Clare

I realise this may sound picky but the sunroof option is a must for Us.. As above Its the first time in over 20 Years that a convertible car has not been in the mix and the sunroof is just a half way house !! OK it can never of course replace the convertible but when My wife arrives home with the roof open and smiling then it just becomes a must !!

So We either keep the car We have ( Again this is going to sound picky)and risk that engine going pop when the warranty expires... Or look at another manufacturer .... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links