Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warniing Light Came On And Lost Power - Any Help

loops

I was driving up a hill when I lost power and my engine warning light came on. I stopped as soon as i could-turned off ignition and had a look under the bonnet - couldn't see anything a miss- started engine and warning light had gone off and power was back. What could be the problem?

I was driving up a hill when I lost power and my engine warning light came on. I stopped as soon as i could-turned off ignition and had a look under the bonnet - couldn't see anything a miss- started engine and warning light had gone off and power was back. What could be the problem?

Hi Louise,

Petroleum or dieseleum engine....?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Louise. Theres plenty of oil-burning (diesel) fanatics on here who will sort the problem for you soon.

Hi -it's diesel

i think you have to clean an EGR first.

cheers

Invest in a fault code reader it'l pay for itself in the first use as many garages charge a lot to connect up. Let us know what the code is. I bought mine from Argos several years ago. I think they have come down in price now generally speaking.

Sorry to contradict guys but I think that a cose reader won't read it (too old) and the EGR is low risk.

On your 2002 model I think the SCV's or the VSV are favourite.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links