Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris Drifting/pulling To The Left

Yaris 2011

Just bought a new Yaris. The steering is very light and seems to drift to the left and on motorways it pulls gently the left. I find it annoying and haven't experienced it on other cars. I've brought it back to the dealer and they checked it out and said there was nothing wrong and it drives like a normal Yaris. Had an older yaris and it was dead solid on the road. Has anybody else experienced this or am I going completely mad?

Sometimes it will follow the camber of the road, especially if you fit "larger" wheels like 16". To test it properly, find an empty road and drive on the crown, ie the middle, to see whether it still pulls left. If it still does, the dealer needs to carry out a full alignment on your car to rectify

Just bought a new Yaris, only 1K klms on the clock. The steering is very light and seems to drift to the left and on motorways pull gently the left. I find it annoying and haven't experienced it on other cars. I've brought it back to the dealer and after looking at me like I had 6 heads, they checked it out and said there was nothing wrong and it drives like a normal Yaris. Just scrapped a 2000 yaris and it was dead solid on the road. I'm not happy with the steering on the new one, if this is normal then I'll be offloading it as soon as I can! Has anybody else experienced this or am I going completely mad?

You should go into Fitzpatricks Toyota and test drive another Yaris and see how it drives and you will get an idea of what another one is like and you can go from there.. let us know how you get on... :thumbsup:

Does it pull to the left on all types of roads? Natural road camber would force any car to pull to the left.

When the dealer checked the car, did they check the tracking?

How are the tyre pressures? It could be that those on the nearside (left) are lower than on the offside (right). Best check these with the car parked on a level surface and with the sun not shining on the tyres (if possible).

Hope this helps

I've just bought a new Yaris. 6 weeks old. Steers dead straight. Tracking being out a bit will not make car pull. If it is a long way out tyres will wear rapidly and car screech on corners. Tyres easy to check. Pressures would need to be quite low.

If cars pulls on any road go back to the dealer and stand your ground! Castor or camber can make a car pull. These settings can be out if car has suffered damage. The least they should do is check things for you. Regards.

First look at tyre pressures and tread depth. Worn tyres with depth <4mm can often give this problem as the smallest imabalce in wear on a worn tyre can affect steering much more than a new one.

Also check tyres are all of the same make and type on front and rear. Differing makes can give rise to strange results especially if some are cheap and nasty (and in the wet can be downright dangerous)..

Does it brake hard in a straight line?