Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Mystery Of The Unknown Rattle/chatter..please Help Me

MrVanguard

Hi all

first of all sorry if this is in the wrong place - please move it if needed

Now, down to business

Me and my very good mechanic have been trying to find the source of an increasingly loud 'chatter' from my toyota yaris 01 T-sport. we have taken off the wheels, discs, calipers and checked the suspension and cleaned and checked them all and but them back, we have changed the bushes in the front suspension but still this massively annoying noise is there and is getting worse. the noise is coming from the left hand side of the car and is present when traveling along slightly bumpy roads. the sound is similar to the of a supermarket trolly or train. The noise subsides when the brakes are applied. since we have tried all the obvious things it may be and still not worked it out im thinking it must be something specific to the yaris.

if anyone can help shed any light on this issue then I would be so very eternally grateful

thanks for your time

Have your brakes been replaced? Missing anti rattle shims or the brake backing plate catching on the disk? Or a stone caught?

You have checked the antiroll bar and ALL its bushes? Not only the drop links but those holding the ARB to the body.

You have checked the top suspension mount? The bearings eventually wear and rattle.

Are the front disks seated properly?

All bolts holding the suspension arm to the wishbone?

Worn track rod end.

Broken suspension spring: check at the ends .... difficult to see unless jacked up under the body (not suspension) , the wheel removed and the steering turned to and fro.

Worn engine or gearbox mounting.. resulting in a knock. Judging by sound, gerabox mounting.

Worn exhaust mountings..

Run out of ideas..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links