Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris T2 Front Bushes

DJWH

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise? I have been told by the garage that my front suspension bushes need replaced. However apparently Toyota do not do the bushes for this model (an 07 Yaris T2) and therefore they need to buy new arms and replace them instead - at a higher cost of course.

Does anyone know if this sounds plausible? It seems strange to me that you cannot replace the bushes on the car and have to replace a bigger more expensive part instead.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Sounds feasible. Probably bot much demand and may need to be pressed into suspension arm.. so may be cheaper (quicker) for garage to buy the entire arm.

When I repaired Peugeot 106s (DIY) , it was easier to buy suspension arms complete with bushes...and not much more expesnive.. plus you also got other bushes included..

(You can buy bushes separately for Mark 1 Yaris on eBay...)

So far, I have only replaced anti roll bar bushes on a Yaris...

Thanks for the reply- appreciated. The garage is charging an extra (almost) £200 to do this (as opposed to just changing the bushes). Does this seem reasonable?

Someone was mentioned using universal polyurethane bushes on their Yaris; Might be worth a check?

I don't know about the Mk2, but the Mk1 Yaris has a reputation for chewing up the OEM ARB bushes very quickly.

That said, apparently it's a bit deceptive as although the outside of the bush looks perished, the inside is usually still okay.

I had mine replaced a few years back on advice of the dealer, but then the next year they said the same thing! I just ignore them now and the car's been fine since; I'm not going to worry about them until I hear the suspension 'clonk' that indicates that they really do need changing :lol:

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately I couldn't ignore it as it was part of my MOT and the garage said it would fail if they didn't replace them. The bill also said each new front suspension arm cost £99 each - does this seem reasonable? I thought it seemed on the steep side, It's too late now as I have to pay it but at least I will know if I can trust that garage again as I'm not very happy about being landed with a big bill for what seemed like a small issue.

IIRC 106 pattern part cost for suspension arm was around £55.. SO £99 for a Yaris one - presumably original - is expensive but as I doubt if pattern parts exist - probably par for the course...

apparently Toyota do not do the bushes for this model

That is quite common throughout the industry, in fact most cars you cannot get bushes on their own, the ball joint is also built into the arm and that is not replaceable either. Toyota have done this for a long time now, you do have to replace the arm. I'm not sure if you can get a pattern arm but a genuine one is £169. Labour of £200 sounds excessive to me! How long would it take? an hour at tops me thinks

Kingo :thumbsup:

apparently Toyota do not do the bushes for this model

That is quite common throughout the industry, in fact most cars you cannot get bushes on their own, the ball joint is also built into the arm and that is not replaceable either. Toyota have done this for a long time now, you do have to replace the arm. I'm not sure if you can get a pattern arm but a genuine one is £169. Labour of £200 sounds excessive to me! How long would it take? an hour at tops me thinks

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies everyone. This is all pretty new to me so good to get your advice. Looks like I won't be using that garage again!

(I'm also blaming all the pot holes on the roads for needing this work done in the first place... although the car doesn't feel any different and I wasn't aware this work was needed).