Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gen6 Cabin Filter

Davejj

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Celica Gen 6 (1999) has a cabin air filter? I know that the later Celicas have a filter behind the glove box but I can't see one on my Gen 6.

The Air Conditioning in mine is now getting to be rather smelly when I first turn it on and I would really like to give it all a good clean.

Any help/advice would be greatfully received.

Unsure if the Gen 6 has the pollen cabin filter, I have the gen 7, and also had a "stale" smoke like smell coming thru the air con system for a while... so i went to my local auto care store and brought a couple of these... they are like flea bombs for the car, except the mist is sucked into the air con system and it deodorizes the hosing and vents.. I had to let off a couple over a couple of weeks, but the stale smell has now gone :-)

Worth a try..

This is what I brought, but your local store/country may have something similar :-)

Air con cleaner

my gen 6 gt4 had a pollen filter in the base of the fan housing ,found behind the glove box ,if you wanna have a poke about .

the smell you have is mould/bacteria growing inside the air con system , either use one of the sprays on the market to kill it - eBay £3 ish a tin , or remove the glove box and stand a boiling kettle on the floor with air con on recirculate air for 20 minutes, the steam refreshes the system like nothing else .

(it was bought . when i went to school . )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links