Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Light Diy (2010 New Facelift Auris)

keymaster07

Hi guys, I'm sure most of you did some modification to your cars, and I see that there aren't many Guides for the mods, so i'm gonna first start off the simple Licence Plate light.

Licence Plate Light

My Licence plate light cover

dsc01276x.jpg

For some cars you are able to just pop open the cover from outside using a screw driver, but I think for Japanese cars its different?

Anyways open the boot, and you'll see a cover, so gently open it.

dsc01277o.jpg

dsc01278g.jpg

Now once open, look for the light wiring, and gently unclip it and push it out

dsc01279xc.jpg

dsc01280hv.jpg

Next disconnect it...

dsc01281m.jpg

dsc01282oc.jpg

Now gently remove the sponge thing, it helps to block off water etc

dsc01284tw.jpg

Pop open the plastic cover and replace the bulb with a new bulb or even a right LED for it ^^

dsc01286js.jpg

End Result, fitted with T10 xenon White LED!

licenceplatelight.jpg

Thanks

Key

Finally!!! HID installed!

Ok i've installed it a while ago and only posted the "Guide" now is because I had to test it out if I was doing the right thing...so far, i'm pretty happy!

Here is the kit that I bought 5000k HID 50/55W H11

dsc01463ag.jpg

dsc01473l.jpg

Items you get 2x H11 Bulb, 2x Grounding wires, 2x 3M Double sided tape, 2x 50W Ballast, User Manual (Make Sure to READ EVERYTHING)

User manual/Installation Guide

dsc01474pt.jpg

dsc01475re.jpg

Bulb!

dsc01464j.jpg

Grounding Wires

dsc01476up.jpg

Ballast (I've already mounted it)

dsc01465q.jpg

So This is what you do first!!!

Take off the bulb protection cover

dsc01469tq.jpg

Carefully remove the bottom piece of the cover WITHOUT touching the bulb!

dsc01470ii.jpg

Squeeze the rubber piece through it in order to get it off

dsc01471x.jpg

dsc01472v.jpg

Once off, remove the red rubber and take off the white plastic ring then put back the red rubber/stopper thing.

dsc01477ow.jpg

dsc01478ij.jpg

dsc01479o.jpg

Bulb connectors

dsc01466s.jpg

Now slowly and carefully install the light into your light socket, make sure its tight and secure.

Now it should be pretty self explainatory

Connect the female to the male, and vice versa! And make sure its properly connected!

*Connecting to ballast*

dsc01480yk.jpg

dsc01481q.jpg

dsc01465q.jpg

dsc01467l.jpg

*Connect the ballast cable to the bulbs cable

dsc01482g.jpg

This is the cars OEM light power connector!

dsc01484wk.jpg

Now slide the RED cable from the bulb to the RED side of the OEM power plug and slide the BLACK cable into the WHITE and BLACK STRIP side!!!

dsc01485n.jpg

dsc01486t.jpg

All Connected and secure, now turn on your lights ^_^ and see if its working or not...

dsc01487kg.jpg

dsc01488u.jpg

dsc01489k.jpg

There you go! I hope this mini quick guide helps!

Also, just ground the ballast to make sure everything runs perfectly~

Thanks

Key

Nice one Key! Great start :thumbsup:

You need to choose LEDs with T10 base. You can choose number of leds by yourself. I am using LEDs with 3 LEDs and am happy with them. Not too bright but not too dim neither... One LED should be enough aswell!

Nice one Key! Great start :thumbsup:

You need to choose LEDs with T10 base. You can choose number of leds by yourself. I am using LEDs with 3 LEDs and am happy with them. Not too bright but not too dim neither... One LED should be enough aswell!

Thanks for the support Speed_Chaser

And I'll need to order the LEd with my HID as well...will take some time for me to write up a guide for it...especially the facelift Auris with H11(Since its not a popular light)

• 2 months later...

Comparison with 55/50W HID and Stock Halogen

Left Yaris Sedan, stock reflector lights with blue tinted H4 Halogen

Right My Auris, Stock projector lights with 100% brightness H11 Halogen

*Lowest leveling setting*

dsc01460di.jpg

*Highest Leveling*

dsc01461h.jpg

Now with my HID to H4 Halogen, my lights basically covered the Yaris Sedans light!!

28981210150269324578616.jpg

The projectors cut off line looks cool and decreases the blinding for oncoming cars, BUT you won't be able to see pass that cut off, which makes your mind think something might be infront...But still

its awesome!

Thanks

Key

HIDs are excellent in the Auris. Only took me 15 mins to fit too which was great (did it back in March).

Should do your sidelights and rear brake lights with LEDs ;)

Thanks for the guides guys! Very well done.

I was thinking to buy a HID kit but something came to my mind and stopped me by doing the purchase.

You know that in our Auris, with lights turned off, maybe during daylight, when you need to flash with high-beams, all 4 front lights turn on and flash (high and low-beams).

The question before buying the kit is, could this functioning cause any damage to HID bulbs?

Sorry for my English :unsure:

First of all KEY.

What a magnificent Instruction Manual and illustrated. Thanks very much. Where did you get the kit and how much did you pay?

I'll have to fit these.

Roby.

I had a Mazda6 with exactly the same problem that the flash switch turned on the dipped and the main beams. And I do flash a lot - to overtake, to give way, to cross.....

I did have your fears at first because the main load is starting up these high intensity discharge bulbs with something like 15kV. But there did not seem to be a problem.

The car is now 8 years old and still the original D2S bulbs. So have no fear they will last.

cheers

HIDs are excellent in the Auris. Only took me 15 mins to fit too which was great (did it back in March).

I fitted my back up light with 5chip white LEDs but its really not bright enough to see behind me plus my windows are tinted. Btw how do you change the sidelights tho? and i can't seem to find red LED for brake lights.

Thanks for the guides guys! Very well done.

I was thinking to buy a HID kit but something came to my mind and stopped me by doing the purchase.

You know that in our Auris, with lights turned off, maybe during daylight, when you need to flash with high-beams, all 4 front lights turn on and flash (high and low-beams).

The question before buying the kit is, could this functioning cause any damage to HID bulbs?

Sorry for my English :unsure:

No problem~ and yes i know what you mean by that, and like Krait said, it doesn't give me a problem, since i think its plug n play?

First of all KEY.

What a magnificent Instruction Manual and illustrated. Thanks very much. Where did you get the kit and how much did you pay?

I'll have to fit these.

Thank you ^^ I live in South Africa, and i bought it on electromannsa (dot) co (dot) za. Its about R999 (Rand/ZAR)

Its a 55w kit as well, it gives out more usable lights than the normal 35w kits, really bright! Plus the glares that comes off the sign boards sometimes hurt my eyes hahaha~

I fitted my back up light with 5chip white LEDs but its really not bright enough to see behind me plus my windows are tinted. Btw how do you change the sidelights tho? and i can't seem to find red LED for brake lights.

Side lights are accesible the same as the headlights, just reach further than feels natural, you'll find them. And the rear lights are the same fitting as the sidelights.

• 1 year later...

Feel bad digging up an old thread but keymaster07 has done such a good job with his tutorial.

My only question is in terms of mounting the HID Ballast.

I can see that it's slotted on the side. Is that stuck with double sided adhesive pads to remain in place or screwed?

When I had my HID Xenons on my Auris 3 years ago, I used sticky pads. But they do have mounting screw holes in them.