Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light

baz1631

mystery cover? last year when I changed the orange lights on my dashboard to blue, I noticed a small patch /piece of tape covering the light inside the dash, making the ewl light "invisible" if the light came on. Is there a reason for this or did somebody :censor: up? I'VE never seen it come on even after I removed the tape! ....just curious :rolleyes:

mystery cover? last year when I changed the orange lights on my dashboard to blue, I noticed a small patch /piece of tape covering the light inside the dash, making the ewl light "invisible" if the light came on. Is there a reason for this or did somebody :censor: up? I'VE never seen it come on even after I removed the tape! ....just curious :rolleyes:

Common and disonest way to hide a problem when selling a car :censor:

Baz

Go to a garage and get some help. There is probably a code stored which may point straight to the fault. As Dave says, somebody has shafted you with that trick and you don't want to waste any more money.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Neer heard of it! they must have gone to a lot of bother to remove the panel and light clusters.......... :censor: :censor: wot more can I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Seriously?

Neer heard of it! they must have gone to a lot of bother to remove the panel and light clusters.......... :censor: :censor: wot more can I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yeah but I bet it was a lot less trouble and certainly cheaper than sorting out the problem - as you've unfortunately been finding out :(

Seriously?

Yeah but I bet it was a lot less trouble and certainly cheaper than sorting out the problem - as you've unfortunately been finding out :(

Unfortunately it could be one of four owners!/garages

Seriously?

I was going to say 'Do you know where they live?' but it's a bit late for that now I guess.

Seriously?

I was going to say 'Do you know where they live?' but it's a bit late for that now I guess.

yes davrav it is .2 :censor: years too late! goin to ma pit now,workin @ 05.00. and seriously :censor: off! catch you guys later.Thanks for the info.

The light should come on when you switch the ignition on then go off a few seconds after you start the engine when it has completed the checks.

Seriously?

DNA testing ???

After a switch of the engine ecu unit as part of the number 1s upgrades, we were left with the warning light on. After numerous checks, it was agreed that if the light goes out, then there's a fault :lol: :lol: :lol: We could have gone down the track of covering it up as has happened to you, but it now has the function of telling me the engine system is ok as long as the light is on.

Hopefully you'll find out the code and get things pin-pointed.

Seriously?

DNA testing ???

After a switch of the engine ecu unit as part of the number 1s upgrades, we were left with the warning light on. After numerous checks, it was agreed that if the light goes out, then there's a fault :lol: :lol: :lol: We could have gone down the track of covering it up as has happened to you, but it now has the function of telling me the engine system is ok as long as the light is on.

Hopefully you'll find out the code and get things pin-pointed.

yea hope so, I should have thought of this at the start.when I found it, and not have been so naieve thinkin it was a Mr T assembly line thing! What a &^%^&*

You deserve a pat on the back for a valiant attempt at sorting it but I just don't want you to waste any more money :thumbsup: I think you got a bit lost right at the start and tried to fix your motor based on something that didn't fit the symptoms.

Is there a local garage or mechanic you can trust?

You deserve a pat on the back for a valiant attempt at sorting it but I just don't want you to waste any more money :thumbsup: I think you got a bit lost right at the start and tried to fix your motor based on something that didn't fit the symptoms.

Is there a local garage or mechanic you can trust?

YES my b-in-law's mate is an ex machanic who used to have his own workshop, an hes goin to check it out on sat when I'm away for the weekend workin'.I'll leave him full details includin this piece of "fraud" salesman-ship so hopefully I ll get a diagnosis from him and get it into a local garage for full repair and no doubt a large repair bill! I useed to moan about the price of diesel but the price of a taxi fare to my work in the early hous is :censor: The sooner its fixed the better . and too add problems, the better half has been takin' drivin lessons and sits test in 5/6 weeks! and you know what that means...........no more car! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links