Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All New Yaris

CorollaTS05

Weve now recieved literature at my dealership on the new yaris and the model line up is pretty dissapointing as theres no sport varient all there doing is a 1.0 1.33 and 1.4d a sr model gets the 1.33, so theres not even a 1.8sr replacement/varient. I think there is a warmer version were not getting (uk) which comes with the 1.5 1nzfe known as the vitz rs in other contries.

Has anybody else heard anything about any possible sport models being released? I dont think the t sport range will ever return now.

Why would there be a T Sport? There was never any intention for a T Sport as far as I know. The world has gone mad on lowering CO2, Toyota's long term aim is to produce cars with zero emissions, so the chances of having any sorts of traditional sports cars is very slim, unless you count hybrids as sports, even the FT86 will only be a 2.0 litre of around 200 BHP which will also be low on CO2. It costs manufacturers millions they dont have to produce traditional sports cars for a very small market, I would'nt be holding your breath for one if I were you :lol: The European market is completely different to the home market, thats why we don't get anything tasty anymore

Kingo :thumbsup:

The new Yarissuuusus are not particularly compelling; They don't really bring much over the previous models (In fact from my point of view they're loosing things! Bring back the small-size, cubbies, centre digital dash and sunroof! :crybaby:)

The one exception is the HSD, which I think will do quite well.

The Prius is a family car but IMHO it's stupidly big for a 1-person runabout, whereas a HSD Yaris would be perfect. Only fly in the ointment will be how much boot space it sacrifices (Or maybe they just threw away the space-saver and put the Battery there) :lol:

I just hope they use the same electric motor as in the new Prius and not a downrated one; The torque will be great in such a light car :D

I'm just hoping THIS will happen, after the initial stage of hybrids across the range have rolled out.

i'd love to see this new shaped yaris with a turbo/direct injection 1.0/1.3 engine. hopefully around the 100bhp mark.

they had it so right with the glanza...

It certainly looks nice and the touch and go screen looks fantastic

NEW YARIS

Think you'll be able to get hold of one early for a test drive Kingo? TOC exclusive first-look review maybe? :naughty:

Also, any news when the HSD version will be coming to our shores?

I'm sure it can be arranged :thumbsup:

I'm in our own internal marketing meeting at 10 next Monday to discuss the launch, I will find out when we are getting one and do the honours! :toast: I think it is not going to be available to us until August though

The HSD is not planned until spring next year, but not confirmed

I'm sure it can be arranged :thumbsup:

I'm in our own internal marketing meeting at 10 next Monday to discuss the launch, I will find out when we are getting one and do the honours! :toast: I think it is not going to be available to us until August though

The HSD is not planned until spring next year, but not confirmed

by the look of those tyres the ride going to be a bit harsh and audible.

local papers reports that the new yaris has top quality interior trim,well thats a first for toyota recent models.seeing is beleaving.

Any news on the Yaris HSD would be welcomed. I am a Prius owner but I agree it is too big for one person and would love a smaller hybrid car.

J N :yes:

All the details are now on the toyota.co.uk website.

There's a T2 available as a 1.0 only. The SR and T Spirit models are available as 1.33 models only. If you want a diesel, you'll have to be happy with TR trim....

The full pricelist of the models and options is also available to download from the site.

All models get a touchscreen audio unit in the dash with trip computer. Its normally a £500 option to upgrade the unit to a full sat nav, rear camera and bluetooth phone equipped unit, but there's a free upgrade available if you order your new Yaris in the next few months.....

If you click through the models on the site you get a feel for what equipment is fitted to which model.

Nice to see that the SR gets sports tuned suspension & steering, together with bigger wheels and a rear spoiler.

There's no special "sport" model, but there never was in Europe for the previous model as the 1.8SR was specially imported from Japan - and on the toyota japan site, the biggest engine they're making for the Yaris in Japan is the 1.5 with 109hp which won't be coming here....

I really like the interior but I'd miss the centre-mounted dials, they were one of the reasons I bought my Yaris in the first place.

Yeah, that and the digital dash I will miss :(

The Yaris is the only car I've driven where the speedo doesn't get obscured by the steering wheel when you're on a long sweeping turn!

I think they're doing it to appeal to drivers who don't like change; I know some people get put off or find it annoying because it's not in the same place as on every other car, but after a while most agree it is a better position!

Yeah, that and the digital dash I will miss :(

The Yaris is the only car I've driven where the speedo doesn't get obscured by the steering wheel when you're on a long sweeping turn!

I think they're doing it to appeal to drivers who don't like change; I know some people get put off or find it annoying because it's not in the same place as on every other car, but after a while most agree it is a better position!

When I saw the first photos of the new interior I thought I'd miss the digital screen, but then I saw the photos from the Toyota website of the interior and I must admit that I do actualy like the new touch screen. Although I never thought the Yaris would be made without the digital dash - I suppose it's about keeping the image of the car fresh, instead of doing the same thing forever - there are some other makes of cars we can all think of that always looked the same for years. So the new dash and screen is growing on me! But I do love the digital screen my current Yaris has!

Hi Acetip

How is a top quality trim a first for Toyota? :eek: I am on my second Yaris, and both this one and the one before had top quality trims. Far better quality trims than any other cars I had, thats why I keep going back for more toyotas. I had corsa,fiesta,ka,stinking matiz (although in fairness,the matiz isn't fit to call a car)and peugoet,and was in a citroen c3 in a showroom once but didn't like the rubbery pedals - and none of those cars had a better finish than my Yarises. I was at my local Toyota recently and had a look inside the iQ, lovely car and another with a quality finish of course. :yes:

I don't know what you expect to see in a car before you decide its a quality finish. Maybe you should try a Lexus.

Lorna2, Acetip could be referring to the fact that the media never usually look on Toyota positively. Part of the reason why I stopped buying Autocar magazines! Still to this day could not brand a Corsa better than a Yaris, had to drive a Corsa for a few months and always missed the Yaris. Though many do criticize modern Toyota interiors, I still prefer it to a Corsa. Them things' dashboards reflect the sun on the windscreen making it hard to see!

Anyway . . I'm warming to the new car - extermally it does look good, looks like the current model but sharper - but the 'classic' instrument binnacle sticks out like a sore thumb; I adore the centre-mounted digital dash, that's Yaris DNA which should've been carried over again. I like the touch & go bit but as it compacts up the dashboard, it looks a bit bare inside. And I read a while ago that stop/start isn't fitted to any of them, resulting in the 1.33 engine's combined mpg being worse than the current vehicle

Acetip is, I think, referring to the flimsy, hard interior plastics quality and I totally agree. I had a mk. 2 Yaris briefly, from new, the "quality", construction and fit of the interior was the worst of any car I've ever owned from various marques. After useless attempts by the supplying dealer to eliminate all the rattles and squeaks, the biggest culprits were the lids to all those superfluous storage holes, I did it myself for the sanity of the next owner! I had an Aygo loan car from the dealer and must say that was better quality than the Yaris. Has anyone observed the top of the dash adjacent to the windscreen when going along a rough road? The front edge bounces up and down in perfect harmony with the road surface!

People must really have low expectations these days. :yes: