Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Verso Keys Cracking

KenMavor

Anyone else had the problem of the keys cracking diagonally from the lock button to the corner?

Both keys are doing this. Looks like I will need a new key or two.

Any managed to transfer the actual metal key part successfully or will I have to get a blank

and get it cut. Is it easy to programme new keys?

Any help appreciated.

The keys have two buttons - lock and unlock; have Denso 1512v on them and also ML S.H. NR381/97

marked on them.

Thanks

Ken

If it's like mine, you can get blanks off eBay and just get it cand and swap the transponder block (The thing with the buttons and a Battery on the bottom) from one to the other.

It does depend on the key tho'; Davey was trying to do a similar thing but his key was a lot more complicated to mod.

Here's a thread which may be useful (It's about changing to a flip key, but the procedures would be similar)

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124231

If it's like mine, you can get blanks off eBay and just get it cand and swap the transponder block (The thing with the buttons and a battery on the bottom) from one to the other.

It does depend on the key tho'; Davey was trying to do a similar thing but his key was a lot more complicated to mod.

Here's a thread which may be useful (It's about changing to a flip key, but the procedures would be similar)

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124231

Thanks for that.

Have ordered two spares off the fleabay and will see if it works as a direct replacement. Thanks for the instructions.

I had this problem on my Mitsubishi, I got some large electrical shrink wrap ( about 25 mm dia), put it over the plastick key end, heated it, and it shaped itself to the key.

Anyone else had the problem of the keys cracking diagonally from the lock button to the corner?

Both keys are doing this. Looks like I will need a new key or two.

Any managed to transfer the actual metal key part successfully or will I have to get a blank

and get it cut. Is it easy to programme new keys?

Any help appreciated.

The keys have two buttons - lock and unlock; have Denso 1512v on them and also ML S.H. NR381/97

marked on them.

Thanks

Ken

Ken, join the club. BOTH my avensis keys have cracked. Gaffa-taped them for a while before buying replacement fobs from eBay. i didnt manage to transfer the keys - I had to re-cut them...the sodding new keys will operate the doors but not the engine ignition!!

Lestermester,

Got two new keys and will try and get them cut and see if they start the engine. Easy to transfer the electronics

pieces but will get them cut and see what happens when I put them in the ignition.

Wish me luck.

Ken

Lestermester,

Got two new keys and will try and get them cut and see if they start the engine. Easy to transfer the electronics

pieces but will get them cut and see what happens when I put them in the ignition.

Wish me luck.

Ken

Good luck, Ken!

• 2 weeks later...

Lestermester,

Wish me luck.

Ken

Good luck, Ken!

Got two keys off eBay and got Timpsons to cut them both. They did say the don't guarantee them to work and if the

keys didn't work to bring them back and they would round them off. Tried both keys and they both work fine. One

was a bit notchy and sticky to start with but seems OK now.

Result.