Photo

Had A Day Racing A Lotus Evora At Caste Combe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Had A Day Racing A Lotus Evora At Caste Combe (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you take attaend a Track Day in your Toyota?

1. Ohh Yes! (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Ohh No! (1 votes [33.33%])

3. Hmm Maybe! (1 votes [33.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Steve

Steve

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids!!

• +Admin
  • 10,132 posts
  • First Name:Steve
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Wifes aygo at the mo!
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

I had a fun day in a Lotus Evora at Castle Combe Circuit.

We started with an 8.40 briefing then it was time to hit the track at 9am. After scoffing down a hearty breakfast and a strong coffee we then went for a trial run of the track with one of Castle Combe's safety guys, who was a racing driver in his younger years! The car used was an Abarth Punto with 4 of us inside, we did 2 laps at a steady pace but then this saftey guy (who was in his 60's) floored it. We were amazed how this guy could keep up with Lotus Exige and a Jaguar XK-R and how good the car handled. This guy really knew how to throw a car around and he looked so relaxed doing it, it was a cool experience in itself! I guess it's all in the lines!

The cars on the track were, Heavilily modified BMW 3 series, an M3, Toyota MR2, Jaguar XK-R, Many Lotus, Brand new Nissan GTR, Porche Boxster and a few TVR's which includes a meaty TVR Tuscany!

We then had the chance to put on our helmets and get on the track in the Lotus Evora. Getting in the car with helmets on was tricky but I would imagine it being worse in a Audi TT.

We took a few good steady laps in the Lotus learning the track but after a few go's we were really keeping up with a lot of the other cars.

We had the track from 9am till 5pm, so quite a bit of track time and took turns with each other but also periodicly allowing the car to cool down.

Mid Afternoon a guy I knew (actually my Dentist ) pulls up in his Mitsi Evo and offered to take me round the track for a load of laps. You will see a part of this in the video. This was a lovely motor which he mainly uses for a track car.

It would be good to get some feedback from you guys in the poll to see if we can set up a track day event like we used to in the past?

Enjoy the video (videos always make it look like you are driving slow :) )

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Cyker

Cyker

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,418 posts
  • Toyota Model: Yaris/03

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

The Evora is a lovely car :)

#3 junebug1701

junebug1701

RAV4World Administrator

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • First Name:James
  • Toyota Model: RAV4 V6 Limited 2WD
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

That looks like a blast, Steve! :thumbsup: I am so envious! Did you know that the Lotus Evora is fitted with the Toyota 2GR-FE 3.5L V6? The same engine as in my RAV4! If only we could get that 6-speed manual gearbox. Or the 2GR-FZE with supercharger! :crybaby:

#4 Soot1

Soot1

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • First Name:Bernard
  • Toyota Model: Auris T180, Westfield XE 2.0
  • Year: 2007

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

:thumbsup: Glad you had a nice day :thumbsup: Been round the Coombe many a time myself. I've been tracking various cars for years now and just gone back to a rear wheel drive car, back to basics.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users