Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

V6 Engine Conversion

woodsport

Fair enough :thumbsup: I look forward to the sound track very soon :yes:

Today saw the exhaust system tackled, not the easy part of the conversion i can tell you, the front downpipes split either side of the subframe and took a good few hours to fabricate, sorry no pics of that.

The rest of the system i copied as per the original except with 2.5" pipe instead of the pea shooter stock system, then finished it off with a Mk2 Magnex turned on its side, couple of bolts welded on for hanger brackets and re-orientated the tail pipes....

DSCN1577.jpg

DSCN1576.jpg

Everything is just tacked so i have a lot of work tomorrow seam welding but i reckon this should sound pretty good.

One box system is going to sound rather sweet :yes:

Very nice. Have you had much interest with the conversion on the RAV4,or was it a case of you just wanted to do one ?

Well we only built it because we fancied one ourselves, i only bought it 2 weeks ago today so the whole install has been very quick, and in that time we've had huge interest from people, mainly those who already have Mr2 V6's and know what it's like.

Cars never look fast in videos but i can assure you that thing absolutely flys!

Would be interesting to see what sort of traction it has in the wet, no tail end MR2 worrys with the rav4.

Yes we will have to shoot another video when it next rains, good idea, or maybe put it up against an Mr2 for a giggle.

Same stud pattern as MR2, 5 x 114.3, some bigger wheels would be nice touch. or maybe Lexus RX300 17" or 18" wheels :drool: .

I can see the look you are going for but ....

Look at these Lexus RX300 rims ...

IMG-POL2.jpg

[quote name='woodsport' timestamp='1311617747' post='1134858'

Cars never look fast in videos but i can assure you that thing absolutely flys!

Maybe but it sure gets small very quickly :yes:

I guess it will be harder to get both front wheels off the ground due to the weight of the lump?

We stiffened up the rear suspension with caravan spring assisters, apart from other wee mods. The idea being to curtail wheelies on start up.

On number 1 RAV, we are using a straight thru 3" custom exhaust with no big box at the back and just the one pipe, poking 'quietly' through the rear bumper corner. I've gone for 18" wheels with Falken 472s (?) which I have found very good although wheelspin on the fast start reduces the tyre treads !!! Moving up to 20" wheels soon.

It definately needs something at the back, i'm going to look at possibly using Camry or Celica springs and maybe upgrade the dampers, and switch to complete V6 Camry struts on the front if possible, it needs firming up as you can see in the video the front rises a lot and the rear dips violently.

What does that sound like with no rear silencer? Got any vids of it running?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links