Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacemant Engine Clarification

local hero

Firstly, many many thanks to the staff at Lindop Queensferry who have installed my new engine to-day, I was priviledged to be shown my engine on its pallet, and can confirm it is a complete engine minus ancillaries, it is a new block, head,waterpump etc, I have taken some piccies of the engine in situ, which may be of interest to some of you techy types (doesn't mean a thing to me :unsure: ) anyway I don't want to start a rush here, but on the 40mile trip home my OBC which i zeroed is showing 63.4 mpg, I am sure this cannot be accurate but is a genuine figure for the journey, I asked about running in and was told they are Pre-run in on the bench, but not to drive like Colin McRae for a while, as an aside, I have a scangauge which shows the engines highest rpm and some enthusiastic roadtester had my new engine up to 5150 rpm :eek: so it has been thoroughly tested :lol: The new engine is noticably quieter and seems to have more low down torque but i am no expert, and having had an Auris courtesy car for the last few days (thanks to Lindop) seemed very quick in comparison, Incidently the Auris SR was a great car and averaged 46mpg petrol :yes: Anyway not sure what use they are but some photos...PS the extra wiring on my injectors is because of my "CHIP"

mynewengine059.jpg

mynewengine060.jpg

mynewengine062.jpg

mynewengine063.jpg

mynewengine064.jpg

mynewengine066.jpg

mynewengine067.jpg

mynewengine058.jpg

Nice looking engine mate. I would have been right :censor: off if some :censor: would have taken my new engine upto that kinda revs! Is that a new Turbo on there an all?

Well it certainly looks clean Stew.............

What were the symptoms that triggered the swop in your case?

Well it certainly looks clean Stew.............

What were the symptoms that triggered the swop in your case?

TBH mostly excessive soot, EGR and exhaust, and just starting to use oil :thumbsup: Stew

That looks fantastic Mate !!! The picture of the car was the loan car ?? Im assuming You car is a Rav T180 ??

Charlie.

That looks fantastic Mate !!! The picture of the car was the loan car ?? Im assuming You car is a Rav T180 ??

Charlie.

No Charlie, mines a chipped XT4, almost a T180 but with a spare wheel :yes: Stew

newexhaust206.jpg

Walesholidaysept2009076.jpg

That is a new EGR though.

It looks like a thorough job LH.

Charlie.

No Charlie, mines a chipped XT4, almost a T180 but with a spare wheel :yes: Stew

newexhaust206.jpg

Walesholidaysept2009076.jpg

....and twin bloody exhaust pipes he keeps taunting me with.....

Big Kev :crybaby:

But think of all those hinges ..............................

Didnt know you had been in Stew, you been avoiding me? :lol:

It's called a 3/4 engine, block, head, pistons etc, all built up, doesnt come with all the ancilleries like fuel pump etc, it comes straight from the factory like that and we slot it all together

Kingo :thumbsup:

It's called a 3/4 engine, block, head, pistons etc, all built up, doesnt come with all the ancilleries like fuel pump etc, it comes straight from the factory like that and we slot it all together

Not at all Kingo, dropped it off Sat am, (you weren't there) picked it up 17-30 Tuesday, Steve kirwin was really helpful and showed me a couple of engines on pallets, really helpful guy (deserves a raise :yes: ) also was in 3 wks ago again Sat am (you weren't there) for a big service + MOT.. But if you could get one of your minnions to find my locking wheel nut Key which has gone AWOL that would be a great help, no chance this new engines a 150 bhp version is there :unsure: because it feels very smooth + lively.. once again thanks to you + your coleagues for a great service and next time i am in I will bring some Pies :eat::thumbsup: Stew

150 doesn't look like that Stew :thumbsup:

150 doesn't look like that Stew :thumbsup:

No i am sure its not :crybaby: but does remind me of yours, when i drove out of Lindop i thought something was wrong because there seemed to be a lot of road noise, but i realised it was because the engine was so quiet, not sure how they can run them in on the bench cos i checked the oil + thought there was none in, it was absolutely clean + totaly colorless, is it something different :unsure: I've never seen completely tranparent oil before :unsure: Stew

It is possible they could spin them on a rig to make sure they are not overtight but there is no way they could start them. They would have to have injectors fitted and all the manifolds, turbo, sump etc. I think a little whiff of bs in the air? A 3/4 engine is a long long way off being started.

If you think about it though, the bill for that job must be huge. As well as the engine, you are looking at new seals, a new or chemically cleaned inlet manifold, new EGR and pipe, new remapped injectors and pipes (probably why it sounds so quiet but don't forget the pistons are completely redesigned) and a hell of a lot of labour as there is a lot of work.

new pistons.pdf

Not at all Kingo, dropped it off Sat am, (you weren't there) picked it up 17-30 Tuesday, Steve kirwin was really helpful and showed me a couple of engines on pallets, really helpful guy (deserves a raise :yes: ) also was in 3 wks ago again Sat am (you weren't there) for a big service + MOT.. But if you could get one of your minnions to find my locking wheel nut Key which has gone AWOL that would be a great help, no chance this new engines a 150 bhp version is there :unsure: because it feels very smooth + lively.. once again thanks to you + your coleagues for a great service and next time i am in I will bring some Pies :eat::thumbsup: Stew

WHAT!!! People work on Saturdays??? :eek: :eek: Whatever next ;)

Do I look like a man who eats pies Stew? .....don't answer that :naughty:

Nice one Stew!! That's one clean engine. Almost as clean as one of Anch's engines after he's had the pressure washer on it! :D

Just a quick update, did 160.8 mile trip today on my new engine, a few traffic jams, and around 70ish on motorway genuine brim to brim 16.4 ltrs, which i get to 44.6mpg, not bad on a tight engine :yes: however my OBC was showing 53.4 mpg so its a bit optomistic :thumbsup: Stew

Stew, thats one hell of a difference between the true and actual MPG

Regards Clare

Did you reset the scanguage Stew? Maybe it needs to readjust to the new engine.

The 53.4 was actually showing on the cars own comp (dashboard) my scangauge was showing 9.9 mpl (so pretty accurate)9.9 x 4.54 = 44.9 mpg, actual brim to brim 44.6 mpg, I have always said and warned others I believe the "chip" interferes with the the obc reading (i suppose the ecu knows it has delivered X amount of fuel) and then the "chip" interferes with that amount :wacko: Stew..Wheres Shcm when you need him :lol:

What the blooming heck is this Scangauge thing ??

Wee Charlie.

The 53.4 was actually showing on the cars own comp (dashboard) my scangauge was showing 9.9 mpl (so pretty accurate)9.9 x 4.54 = 44.9 mpg, actual brim to brim 44.6 mpg, I have always said and warned others I believe the "chip" interferes with the the obc reading (i suppose the ecu knows it has delivered X amount of fuel) and then the "chip" interferes with that amount :wacko: Stew..Wheres Shcm when you need him :lol:

Stew....he'll be doing another circuit....bored.

Big Kev :yahoo:

What the blooming heck is this Scangauge thing ??

Wee Charlie.

THIS IS IT CHARLIE....See LINKmynewengine067.jpg

Its a little add on computer that plugs into your OBD socket (near your bonnet release) it sits there and shows, your RPM,water temp, fuel used, cost of fuel, mpg, currently, trip, today, yesterday, speed, BHP,Torque, max rpm,max speed, averages, error codes, clears error codes, ETC,Etc, unfortunately you have to be SHCM or a nuclear physicist to set it up so i just use it for the basic stuff, costs about £120, but once set up is quite accurate and if someone else drives your car you can tell exactly what He or SHE has done :sneaky2::driving: Stew

Has it got more than one button ????

Wee Charlie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links