Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacemant Engine Clarification

local hero

Has it got more than one button ????

Wee Charlie.

why,how many fingers have you got charlie.

Wee Charlie.

8 but Im only capable of operating devices with one button ................................. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

Wee Charlie.

Its got 5 buttons and God knows how many different combinations of using them :help: Stew

Wee Charlie.

8 but Im only capable of operating devices with one button ................................. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

If That were true your last post would read AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :yahoo: Stew

Why ????????????

Wee Charlie.

because thats all you can type with one button, or of course.bbbbbbbbbbbbcccccccccccccccdddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefffffffffffffffffggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiijjjjjjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkklllllllllllllllllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppppppppppqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yes:

Try a little more water with it Mate ?...................................... :unsure: :unsure:

Wee Charlie.

Hi Guys

I've just recently in the last 3 weeks had a new block fitted to my 56 plate XT4 due to blocked EGR and sooted up engine. Have to say the whole experience was good and the car seems to running much better however on idle there is a pronounced ticking noise from the engine which sound like a belt as when revving the tick gets faster. Have to say that I never had this noise on the old engine and you can hear it over and above the general diesel clatter any ideas?

Hi Guys

I've just recently in the last 3 weeks had a new block fitted to my 56 plate XT4 due to blocked EGR and sooted up engine. Have to say the whole experience was good and the car seems to running much better however on idle there is a pronounced ticking noise from the engine which sound like a belt as when revving the tick gets faster. Have to say that I never had this noise on the old engine and you can hear it over and above the general diesel clatter any ideas?

Can only say take it back to the Dealers ASAP.. No way should You do anything to that car ,,,

Wee Charlie.

I have always said and warned others I believe the "chip" interferes with the the obc reading (i suppose the ecu knows it has delivered X amount of fuel) and then the "chip" interferes with that amount :wacko: Stew..Wheres Shcm when you need him :lol:

It's as good an explanation as any. :thumbsup: The box is probably messing with the rail pressure and injector timings and the existing ECU probably has no knowledge of what's being messed with, so it's unlikely it can get it's own calc correct.

Do you have to calibrate your scanguage Stew? i.e. tell it what the fuel consumption (manual brim to brim calc) actually was for say the first fill?

Yes it shows the fuel it assumes you have used since last fill up, lets say 16.5ltrs, you fill up to the brim + if it actually takes 16.9 litres you alter the amount from 16.5 to 16.9 after doing this about three times it becomes pretty accurate although there is nearly always a minor discrepancy, also the mileage can be slightly out by 1or2% but again this is adjustable, It really is an expensive calculator, but tbh it has its uses, if you wanted to have a play with it on your own car you are very welcome to borrow it for as long as you like, Thanks for your input :thumbsup: Stew

Stew . It sounds like a nice gadget but if it plays up with the Chip running alongside I might just give it a miss.... Do You think this is what's happening ???

Charlie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links