Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 T180

CrazyDiscoStu

Hi i'm new to this forum and just wondering if any of you guy's can help me out.

I have purchased a 57' plate Rav4 T180 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago a new DMF was fitted as I had a grinding noise when the cluch pedal was lifted. I have also noticed that between 1500rpm and 3000rpm the Rav seems to pickup ok ish but after 3000rpm it's just dead no pickup at all (like driving a non turbo engine)

Also if i'm going uphill or on a flat and the revs are just below 1500rpm and I put my foot down then I can hear a loud fluttering noise?

I did have a look at the EGR vavle that was clean and the MAF sensor that was clean too.

I've been to see Mr.T 4 times so far about this car and i'm fed up with it already it's only done 24000 miles and I picked it up on 22500.

I would be very greatfull if any one can help.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi i'm new to this forum and just wondering if any of you guy's can help me out.

I have purchased a 57' plate Rav4 T180 4 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago a new DMF was fitted as I had a grinding noise when the cluch pedal was lifted. I have also noticed that between 1500rpm and 3000rpm the Rav seems to pickup ok ish but after 3000rpm it's just dead no pickup at all (like driving a non turbo engine)

Also if i'm going uphill or on a flat and the revs are just below 1500rpm and I put my foot down then I can hear a loud fluttering noise?

I did have a look at the EGR vavle that was clean and the MAF sensor that was clean too.

I've been to see Mr.T 4 times so far about this car and i'm fed up with it already it's only done 24000 miles and I picked it up on 22500.

I would be very greatfull if any one can help.

Thanks

Stuart

Did you buy it from a Toyota dealer with a warranty?

If so I think I would return it and ask them to rectify all faults or you will reject it.

Hi Dav,

I did buy it from a Toyota dealer. Looks like i'm going to have to call them and book it in.

Hi Dav,

I did buy it from a Toyota dealer. Looks like i'm going to have to call them and book it in.

If it's an "Approved Used Car" you get 30 days to return it and it comes with a 1 year warranty so there is no reason for it not be fixed.

When i bought mine from a dealer i had a few teething problems. I just kept it polite and wound up with new tyres, breaks, steering cloumn.... the list goes on!!!

All the best mate.. keep us posted...

I had the fluttering noise on my T180 and it turned out to be an auxillary belt that needed replacing which solved the problem.

A belated welcome to the club Stu :thumbsup:

Forgot me manners earlier :blush:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links