Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Possible?

Chris_Halford

Hi.

Does anyone know if its possible to fit the climate control panel to a 2004 XT3?

Is there much work involved, is it even possible?

Cheers

mmm, nobody know if this is possible?

Its just that i've been offered the console from a XT4 (or is it XT5) and wondered if I could just swap the heater controls in the XT3 to the climate controls from the XT4.

Is there any wiring differences or anything I need to look out for, is it even possible to do this?

Im changing the head unit shortly and thought I could do this at the same time, just not sure if its doable.

mmm, nobody know if this is possible?

Its just that i've been offered the console from a XT4 (or is it XT5) and wondered if I could just swap the heater controls in the XT3 to the climate controls from the XT4.

Is there any wiring differences or anything I need to look out for, is it even possible to do this?

Im changing the head unit shortly and thought I could do this at the same time, just not sure if its doable.

Chris, if I understand correctly, you want to change a manual climate control panel for an auto panel with digital readout? If so, it's not that simple. There's a lot more to it than just a panel. The auto system uses servo motors to actuate the air blend doors, recirculation dampers, and mode settings. There are extra sensors and something that Toyota calls an "Air Conditioning Amplifier Assembly" which is basically an ECU that is the brains of the setup. And of course there are lots of wiring differences, so I don't think it would be practical.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links